Hello Everyone

PLEASE NOTE - IF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS DOES NOT WORK, YOU WON'T GET THE LINK TO CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT

Tackroom Gossip (TG) is BACK !!

If you need somewhere to advertise your business, online shop, animals for sale, referral links to websites, it's here. You can post here for free, no charge. Times are hard enough for all of us and if me offering this to you can help you, yippee!

If you need somewhere to vent and let off steam about anything horsey, or non-horsey, please feel free to and know that even if we can't actually help, we will try to understand and be there virtually for you.
It's important to Keep Talking, to anyone, just keep that communication going.

This "cost of living crisis" is getting to all of us, the media are constantly going on about prices rising, bills rising, jobs lost etc. It's all doom and gloom.
Spot a good deal somewhere ? Please share it with us.
Found a yummy recipe online that doesn't cost the earth to make ? We'll try it.

Any problems logging in, please reply to this email and I'll get you sorted out.

Thank you
Trish (admin for Tracing Equines and Tackroom Gossip)
www.tracingequines.co.uk

Sussex Horsewatch - Jan 2012 to Oct 2017

The Horsewatch Code = MARK IT, STAMP IT, CHIP IT, CODE IT - OR LOSE IT !
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Re: Sussex Horsewatch - 2012

Post by TracingEquines »

Dear All

Further to my circulation earlier this week re the alleged Equine Herpes. You will recall from it that I spoke with one of the partners at a well known veterinary practice in Kent, who it was said was dealing with a horse that subsequently died, they denied any knowledge of any horse dying or virus. No comment!

I have now got to the bottom of this story. Two horses at a yard in the Bexhill area went down with what appeared to be grass sickness, one horse recovered quite quickly and the other one did not appear to respond to treatment and was sent to this well known veterinary practice in Kent. As I understand it during it's stay at the veterinary hospital, the owner of the horse was contacted and advised to visit their horse, whilst they were there it was recommended that the horse should be put down. This was done and the horse was subsequently sent to a veterinary training college for a Post Morten, the results have shown that the horse had a defective liver and as a result it was unable to react to the treatment.

The death of the horse was nothing to do with the virus, it had a defective liver prior to getting the virus. The yard in the Bexhill area has been given the all clear . Rumours are also circulating that 4 horses other have died at the yard and one more is dying, I have been requested by a representative of the yard to state there is absolutely no truth in these rumours so please NO MORE CHINESE WHISPERS.

My sympathy's go to the owners of this horse as I am sure yours do as well.

Regards

Phillip
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

Issue Date: 27/2/2012

Title: THEFT OF CATTLE GRIDS

2 x Cattle Grids have been stolen from a Southern Water Site on Keysford Lane Horsted Keynes. This occured on 25th February around 0830am.
A large vehicle would have been used to transport them.
Please be vigilant, be careful and report anything suspicious to the Police.

Issue Date: 27/2/2012

Title: THEFT OF RECOVERY VEHICLE

A white Ford transit recovery vehicle, F683OJH was stolen in the Scaynes Hill area between 9pm and 10pm on Friday 24th Feb. It is likely that this vehicle may be used to steal other vehicles such as mini diggers, quad bikes etc.

If you have any information relating to this theft or see this or a similar vehicle, contact Sussex Police by dialling 101 or 999 in an emergency.
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

I have only just received this but over the evenings of 28th and 29th of Feb in the Pell Green area of Wadhurst three seperate stale yards were broken into, only one property actually had items taken - a lawn mower and a strimmer but there was damage to locks etc in all three - serials 0436, 0366 and 0585 of 1/3 refer.

Three intruders were arrested at a break to Uplands School in Wadhurst for the same period, at this time no link has been established.

Further to my message about the sentence in the Hove County Court of Dawn Randall from Eastbourne was sentenced to a 10 month prison sentence suspended for 2 years, 160 hours community service, court costs and also has to pay compensation to several people including the 2 women who purchased the horses from dealers in Dorking and Ringmer, the women the horses were taken from and a local vet.

She uses several names such as Sue da Silva, Dawn Moore, Dawn Reynolds and Debbie Reynolds.

I have had several reply from members who have had dealings with her, if you have or suspect she is someone who you have had dealings with, will you please email me details as I am awaiting a call from the officer in charge of the case.

Regards

Phillip
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

Country Eye, Issue 58 – Friday 2nd March 2012

SUSSEX

Theft of three chickens from a property in Robertsbridge. The suspect approached the property from
fields at the rear and just had to lift the latch on the chicken run in order to gain access. Footprints
were left in the snow and enquiries are ongoing

Theft of telephone cable in Robertsbridge - a telegraph pole (situated in a wooded area) was
felled and all cables attached were stolen.

Good News! Three males were arrested following the report of stolen car in the Frant area - the car
was located, and it was discovered that the males had been in the process of attempting to steel
copper BT cable from a man hole.
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

One of our members from the outskirts of Battle noticed when she when I brought my horse in at yesterday afternoon that it had a tangle in its mane.

Having read my previous information the member stated I am not worried about it especially as it a particulary spectacular full moon tonight but I just wanted to pass on the information.

Regards

Phillip
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

Dear All

One of our members from High Hurstwood, that is between Crowborough and Uckfield, has informed me that three bales of chopped straw/shavings has gone missing presumed stolen from a store shed.

Please ensure that all stores are secured when nobody is around.

Regards

Phillip
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

Email 1

One of our members has had 2 Thermatex rugs removed from a storage box, believed stolen, at a yard in Alciston. The disappearance was discovered this morning but could have occurred any time since the evening of the 8th and this morning. One was black and silver with grey binding, the other was burgundy and blue. These rugs are valued at £130 each.

Serial 0363 of 11/3 refers. Crime number EW2 020460 12

Please do not forget to mark your rugs, I have again attached instructions on how to mark your rugs
(link is here - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1645)

Phillip

Email 2

I have been encouraged to inform you of an incident involving me and my horse and some travellers whilst hacking through Slinfold village today.

This morning at about 11.30am whilst riding (in walk) down Hayes Lane into Slinfold village I encountered a group of male travellers with 2 horses attached to 2 buggies. I meet them suddenly with little warning in a narrow stretch of road with park cars along one side limiting space. My horse who is normally good with traffic was spooked. I tried to move off the road and wait in a drive way, unfortunately he become increasingly scared and very unsettled. The travellers continued to trot up the road, making a lot of noise. My horse bolted up the road away from the men. On pulling up a short distance later I shouted to the men to stop whilst I moved off the road as my horse was becoming increasingly distressed (by this point rearing). Having stopped momentarily they continued trotting up behind me which caused my horse to canter further away from them down along the road. Fortunately traffic on the road stopped and I once again asked them to stop. One of them ran up to me and told me that they couldn't stop and told me to get off (not something I wished to do as I was concerned that my horse would bolt again). Despite the men continuing to trot up the road behind me i was finally able to get off the main high way and down a long drive to get away from them and road traffic.

After some time my horse was claim enough for me to return back home and fortunately we did not met the men again.

My horse and I were wearing reflectives and I feel were as visible as could be on the the usually quiet village road. These men made no attempt to stop their horses and the situation by by jeering and shouting.

I can only hope I never met them again as I feel that my horse and I were very very lucky to not be hurt today or cause damage to cars or property.

I have reported the incident to the local police who told me they would inform the local force and traffic team.
Last edited by TracingEquines on 12 Mar 2012, 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

Issue Date: 13/3/2012

Title: SUSPICIOUS VEHICLE

At around 11.00am on 9th March a small white van reg no HK53 AAY driven by a white man was in Long House Lane, Cowfold, parked by the entrance to North Farm. When approached by a local person he drove off quickly.
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

15 March 2012

Dear All

I sometimes think that I am a warlock, I was thinking of sending out a reminder to you all as the showing season is upon us to always ensure that lorries and trailers are secure as there are lots of opportunist thieves around, then I got the crime report below.

RE: THEFT FROM HORSE BOX IN STANSTED.

Sometime between 1800hrs (13/03/12) and 0800hrs (14/03/12) a horse box in Stansted, near Rowlands Castle was been broken into, there were no signs of forced entry. Items stolen included, riding hats, riding boots and whips.
Sussex Police Reference: 1051 (14/03/2012).
Please ensure that you do not leave expensive items in vehicles and report any suspicious vehicles or persons at the time:
999 (Emergency/Crime in progress) or 101 (Non Emergency)

Several farms in the area south of East Grinstead have had a turquoise Mitsubishi pick up reg; R944hj or similar ,driving up drives and checking any machinery when approached they said they were lost and trying to get to Cowden.
Sussex Police Reference 1518 (15/03/2012)

16 March 2012

Dear All

I have received reports recently from Lancashire Police reference an increase in the theft of 4 X 4 vehicles, just in case it spreads south be safe and secure your vehicles at all times.

Phillip

REPORTS OF THEFT OF 4x4 vehicles

There have been a large number of vehicle thefts in the Lancaster and rural areas in the north of the county. Theives are targeting 4x4 vehicles. Please be vigilant, lock cars store them away if possible etc.

19 March 2012

Subject: Stolen Horsebox

A blue Iveco horse-box,registration number G766 NNW has been stolen from Hanging Birch lane Horam, near Heathfield. Last seen Monday 12th March and noticed it had gone on Thursday. The only distinguished marks are the usual scratches along the near side.

If you have seen/heard anything please contact Sussex police on 101 quote serial No. 0930 15.03.12

Regards

Phillip

19 March 2012 (email no.2)

Issue Date: 19/3/2012

Title: THEFT OF CHAINSAWS

There has been a break to a workshop in the Chilling Street area of Sharpthorne between 4pm yesterday and 8am this morning. Thieves broke a padlock to gain entry and stole 2 chainsaws (Stihl and McCulloch), a bottle of MIG welding gas and a small set of oxygen bottles.

If you have any information relating to this incident or are offered similar items, contact Sussex police by dialling 101 and quote Serial 0556 19/03/12.

Issue Date: 19/3/2012

Title: LAMBING SEASON

Dog walkers are reminded to keep their animals under control at all times, especially when near fields containing any livestock.
15 sheep were killed or had to be destroyed last year in the Mid Sussex area due to dog related incidents.

If you see any incidents or have any information involving any form of livestock or wildlife, please contact Sussex Police by dialling 101 or 999 in an emergency.

If you wish to speak to your local Wildlife Crime Officer, these can be contacted through your local Neighbourhood Policing Team.

19 March 2012 (email no.3)

Dear All

I have received a message from my counterpart in Hampshire that just across the Sussex border into Hampshire a yard in Long Copse Lane Emsworth, had their show jumps stolen last night from the outdoor school.

If you have show jumps kept outside, please do not keep them near the road.

Regards

Phillip

23 March 2012

Dear All
Following information received from a member of public in the Peasmarsh area (near Rye) , police set upon an unattended van that was left in circumstances deemed suspicious . When a male returned to the van and was approached by police he ran off on foot. A subsequent search saw the arrest of three males and recovery of items used in the theft of heating fuel. A quantity of suspected heating fuel was also recovered.
If you have any information that could assist Sussex Police or have been a recent victim of fuel theft , please call 101 and quote reference 86 of 23/03/12.
Thanks you very much and please remember to report anything you deem as suspicious to Sussex Police.

Regards

Phillip

24 March 2012

Dear All

Good news for a change, a horse box stolen from Hampshire two weeks ago was found at Petworth in Sussex two days ago following a search warrant being executed? Two arrested but have been released on bail pending further enquiries.

Regards

Phillip
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

Issue Date: 28/3/2012

Title: SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY

Proprietor of Kings Barn Depot (formerly Sussex Coaches) Kings Barn Lane Steyning reporting suspicious behaviour by three men believed to be from the traveller community using an Isuzu Trooper index L775WGH. They were making enquiries on the pretext of buying the premises but informant told police he felt this was a method of gaining access to the site with a view to later attend to steal scrap from the premises. Kings Barn Depot is in a very rural location.

Incident occurred between 12 and 1400 hours on 26th March 2012.

Report any similar suspicious behaviour to police quoting ref. SXP - 20120326 - 0883

Issue Date: 29/3/2012

Title: DOG SHOT FOR KILLING LAMB

A black and white Staffordshire Bull Terrier attacked and killed a lamb in the Haywards Heath area at 3.30pm this afternoon. The farmer shot and injured dog which ran off towards Fox Hill Village but has not yet been traced. The dog was covered in blood from the attack on the lamb and injuries.

PC Geoff Bennett at Haywards Heath is seeking to identify the owner so that appropriate action can be taken. It is likely that the dog will attack sheep again.

If anyone knows this animal or the owner, please contact Sussex Police by dialling 101 and quoting serial 0987 29/03/12.