Hello Everyone

PLEASE NOTE - IF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS DOES NOT WORK, YOU WON'T GET THE LINK TO CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT

Tackroom Gossip (TG) is BACK !!

If you need somewhere to advertise your business, online shop, animals for sale, referral links to websites, it's here. You can post here for free, no charge. Times are hard enough for all of us and if me offering this to you can help you, yippee!

If you need somewhere to vent and let off steam about anything horsey, or non-horsey, please feel free to and know that even if we can't actually help, we will try to understand and be there virtually for you.
It's important to Keep Talking, to anyone, just keep that communication going.

This "cost of living crisis" is getting to all of us, the media are constantly going on about prices rising, bills rising, jobs lost etc. It's all doom and gloom.
Spot a good deal somewhere ? Please share it with us.
Found a yummy recipe online that doesn't cost the earth to make ? We'll try it.

Any problems logging in, please reply to this email and I'll get you sorted out.

Thank you
Trish (admin for Tracing Equines and Tackroom Gossip)
www.tracingequines.co.uk

New look forum

A general chat board for anything that is not horse related
TackroomGossip

New look forum

Post by TackroomGossip »

In preparation for the forum software upgrade, which I understand to be before the end of the year, I have changed the default theme from "subsilver2" to "prosilver".

The upgraded software comes with prosilver as standard. The subsilver2 theme is available as a seperate download but I don't want to be messing around adding un-needed software.

If you would like to change to prosilver yourself, please go to User Control Panel and select Board Preferences

I will give everyone a couple of weeks before I turn subsilver off fully

How to add change the board style

Go to your User Control Panel .. >> ucp.php <<

Click on Board Preferences

Look for "My Board Style" and select which style you want to see

subsilver2 is a style (this one will be switched off in a couple of weeks)
prosilver is a style

Click Submit
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Re: New look forum

Post by TracingEquines »

One thing that I think needs changing is easier forum icons, the ones that tell you when there is a new topic needs reading in a board
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Re: New look forum

Post by TracingEquines »

End Users (aka Changes for members)

Features, changes and improvements

Responsive Theme - IT DOES SEEM QUICKER TO ME

Our default style, prosilver, has been completely overhauled to ensure a modern experience on all of your devices. Give it a try on a tablet or smart-phone.

Notification System - VERY HANDY

Easily configure how you prefer to be notified about various events, such as when you are quoted in a post. The new extensible notifications feature lives in the header of every page and provides a centralized place to receive alerts and other information.

Gravatar Support - I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS IS

Avatars may now be fetched from the Gravatar service, in addition to the previously available options.

OAuth Login - THIS WILL NOT BE USED

Register and login using your Google, Bit.ly, or Facebook accounts. Extensions can easily add other authentication services.

Administrators (aka Changes for members)

Features, changes and improvements

Extensions - MAKES THINGS EASIER FOR ME, I MIGHT EVEN GET THE GALLERY FOR HERE

Manually editing code is a thing of the past. Quickly installed in the ACP, extensions are to phpBB 3.1 what MODs were to phpBB 2.0 & 3.0. Our huge customisation community is hard at work building new extensions to help you get the most out of your forum.

Unmatched Security - BEHIND THE SCENES STUFF

Nothing is more important than keeping your data safe, and our record speaks for itself. In the past four years, there have been no reported vulnerabilities in the phpBB software. Meanwhile SMF, vBulletin, IPB, and MyBB have had an average of 10, and as many as 16. That's an average of 10 more reasons to choose phpBB. And just to make sure, we hired a professional security company to audit the entire phpBB 3.1 codebase.

Simplified Updating - IT WAS EASY ANYWAY BUT THIS SOUNDS COOL

If you're tired of complicated updating procedures, you'll love phpBB 3.1. Whether it's extensions or phpBB itself, updating is as simple as uploading the new package and clicking a few buttons. You can even check to make sure you're running the latest versions, right in the ACP.

Soft Delete - THIS WONT BE USED - DELETED FOR GOOD OR MOVED TO STAFF AREA

Posts and topics can now be removed from public view without being permanently deleted. You can determine this behaviour per user or group

Improved Global Announcements - I DONT USE THIS ANYWAY

Global announcements are now tied to a specific forum, greatly simplifying permissions.

Improved Teams Page - USEFUL IF LOTS OF GROUPS, WHICH WE DONT HAVE

The new teams page is highly customisable and sorted by groups.

Contact Page - HAVEN'T DECIDED IF I WILL USE THIS YET

Visitors, including guests, can now get in touch with the board administrator by using the built-in contact page.