Hello Everyone

PLEASE NOTE - IF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS DOES NOT WORK, YOU WON'T GET THE LINK TO CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT

Tackroom Gossip (TG) is BACK !!

If you need somewhere to advertise your business, online shop, animals for sale, referral links to websites, it's here. You can post here for free, no charge. Times are hard enough for all of us and if me offering this to you can help you, yippee!

If you need somewhere to vent and let off steam about anything horsey, or non-horsey, please feel free to and know that even if we can't actually help, we will try to understand and be there virtually for you.
It's important to Keep Talking, to anyone, just keep that communication going.

This "cost of living crisis" is getting to all of us, the media are constantly going on about prices rising, bills rising, jobs lost etc. It's all doom and gloom.
Spot a good deal somewhere ? Please share it with us.
Found a yummy recipe online that doesn't cost the earth to make ? We'll try it.

Any problems logging in, please reply to this email and I'll get you sorted out.

Thank you
Trish (admin for Tracing Equines and Tackroom Gossip)
www.tracingequines.co.uk

Billy (Patsy's Boy), 16.1hh, bay gelding

All adverts in this section have photos added.
Forum rules
28 January 2018
Please send photos for your adverts to admin@tracingequines.co.uk , don't forget to include your horse's name so the photos get added to the correct advert :)
KimTurner

Billy (Patsy's Boy), 16.1hh, bay gelding

Post by KimTurner »

Hello,

I am looking for a horse I sold in 2009. I sold him after splitting with my ex and would like to know how he is doing. I sold him to a friend called Sarah who said he would have a forever home but he was sold on again within 4 months. She sold him to Hayley and Gary Cronin who then sold him on 2 months later to someone else called Sarah. She bought him as a quiet hack to ride out with her daughter. I live in Swindon and so did his next 2 owners but I have no idea about the last owner.

Billy is a 16.1hh Bay Thoroughbred Gelding. He is not freezemarked but is microchipped but I do not have the number. Billy has a white star, a little white mark on his lips, one sock on his nearside hind and a white coronet band/back of pastern on his nearside fore.

Billy fractured his sacriliac vertabrae in 2008 and recovered well enough to become a light hack.

Billy had/has a fear of concrete and things around his feet. He does not like stepping over things or having huge boots around his legs. He is a slightly nervous and very sensitive type but is very loving in the right hands.

Billy has a Weatherby's passport and his 'official' name is Patsy's Boy. He was born in March 2000 and his dam is Emma Grimes and his sire is Darnay.

If you have any information then please contact me.

(photo hosted on new TE gallery)

TracingEquines
Site Admin

Re: Looking for Billy- Thoroughbred Gelding

Post by TracingEquines »

Checking on NED brings up his Weatherbys passport .. have you rang them and asked if they have current owner details, Tel: 01933-440077 ext 2260, they may be able to forward letter on to new owner

His name also brings up this passport, not many details on it so don't know 100% if this is your Billy. It could be worth giving Pet-ID Equine a ring and seeing if any of the history you know, matches the registration of this one.

Equine Details - PATSY'S BOY
Date of Birth
Gender Male
Colour Bay
Height
Breed Unknown
Submitted by Pet-ID Equine, Tel: 01273 837676
(ID Passports do not include Pedigree)
Birth Country Not supplied by PIO

Edit to add - Neither Weatherbys nor Pet-ID will tell you exactly where your horse is but they should be able to forward a letter on to new/current owners for you
Datagrid

Re: Billy (Patsy's Boy), 16.1hh, bay gelding

Post by Datagrid »

Kim

If you are still reading this forum, I have some news regarding Billy (William... Patsy's Boy). He's still around, and is living a happy life - he's a pet now, not a ridden horse - I think he's been through quite a bit before he came to my wife & I. We're not "horse people" - never owned a horse before William, but having seen him in a bit of a sorry state we got involved, and now own and care for him.

He's safely liveried, with his own stable, field shelter and field mate. He gets fed (well) and wants for nothing. You're right - he's VERY loving (met every morning with a nodding head, followed by lots of licks and rubs). He LOVES mints!

If you want to know more drop me a line back and I'll update you.

Regards

Derek.

Photo added as requested :)

(photo linked from Admin's FB account)
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

Hi Derek

If you're on facebook, I think this post is from a lady who had Billy after Kim did - https://www.facebook.com/groups/tracing ... 494854819/
I'm trying to get in touch with Kim
Annieed

Post by Annieed »

Hi Derek. My name is Annie I owned Billy before Kim, I sold him to Kim when we moved to Cyprus, I tried to get him back off Sarah but unfortunately she sold him on... I have been contacted by TE who drew my attention to your post.. I am so happy to hear he is now safe and well, when I brought him he was in an emaciated state and it took me a year or so to rehabilitate him. But he was the most loving and kindest of horses and its my biggest regret selling him.

But I am so happy he has found himself with you and can live out his days in comfort. I would love to visit him if that would be at all possible.
Best wishes
Annie x
Datagrid

Post by Datagrid »

Hi Annie - lovely to hear from you, and find a bit more about our lovely William - I cannot agree with you enough about how loving he is. EVEN IN this horrible weather he is happy to stroll out to his paddling pool (paddock!) and spend his day grazing and saying "hi" to the other paddock ponies. He's very keen to come in in the evening, mind you, and LOVES his stable.

Happy to arrange for you to see him again - drop me a private message on this forum and we'll try to work something out. It would be great to meet you and hear more about him. Despite our being novices, and with the knowledge of his injury meaning that we are highly unlikely to ride him, he will be with us until he goes to his celestial turnout - we love him to bits, and he gives us that back in spades.

Hopefully see you soon!

Derek & Chrissie x.
KimTurner

Post by KimTurner »

Hello Derek,

Thank you so much for replying to the post. I have very often thought of billy and wondered where he was. I am so pleased to hear that he is doing well and is loved and fed. I used to call him bilbo baggins cause he could eat like a hobbit.

He is such a lovely boy. Would it be possible to visit him?

Kim
Datagrid

Post by Datagrid »

Kim

Good morning! I'm so glad we've been able to contact some of Wiliam's previous handlers (I won't say owners - I think he's in charge of the relationship!).

I know what you mean about being a hobbit - he's very happy to eat... and then eat some more :-)

I've dropped you a PM with my contact details - send me a message and we'll hopefully get you over to see him (be prepared... mud.. and mud.. and MUD... he loves it - can't wait for the weather to dry up so we can run him through a car-wash! ;-) ).

Cheers - Chrissie & Derek.