Hello Everyone

PLEASE NOTE - IF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS DOES NOT WORK, YOU WON'T GET THE LINK TO CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT

Tackroom Gossip (TG) is BACK !!

If you need somewhere to advertise your business, online shop, animals for sale, referral links to websites, it's here. You can post here for free, no charge. Times are hard enough for all of us and if me offering this to you can help you, yippee!

If you need somewhere to vent and let off steam about anything horsey, or non-horsey, please feel free to and know that even if we can't actually help, we will try to understand and be there virtually for you.
It's important to Keep Talking, to anyone, just keep that communication going.

This "cost of living crisis" is getting to all of us, the media are constantly going on about prices rising, bills rising, jobs lost etc. It's all doom and gloom.
Spot a good deal somewhere ? Please share it with us.
Found a yummy recipe online that doesn't cost the earth to make ? We'll try it.

Any problems logging in, please reply to this email and I'll get you sorted out.

Thank you
Trish (admin for Tracing Equines and Tackroom Gossip)
www.tracingequines.co.uk

Apollo (Digby), 15.1hh approx, skewbald gelding. Freezemark 04+9. Microchip 966000100401535

All adverts in this section have photos added.
Forum rules
28 January 2018
Please send photos for your adverts to admin@tracingequines.co.uk , don't forget to include your horse's name so the photos get added to the correct advert :)
Heatherbell

Apollo (Digby), 15.1hh approx, skewbald gelding. Freezemark 04+9. Microchip 966000100401535

Post by Heatherbell »

Apollo, very heavy approx 15.1hh, skewbald gelding

Apollo is freezemarked but it is not recognised by the English companies. So it is possibly a Irish freezemark. He is a very heavy chestnut and white cob. He has a lot of feather. I was not given his original passport when I bought him. It says born 2003 in his new passport but I suspect he is older than that. He is very placid and calm natured. Totally bombproof in traffic. I am in North Yorkshire. I bought him from a lady near Doncaster who has owned him 2 years. I am trying to find out some history for him. Thankyou.

(photo hosted on new TE gallery)

(photo hosted on new TE gallery)
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Re: Apollo, very heavy approx 15.1hh, skewbald gelding

Post by TracingEquines »

I've checked all the links in the Tracing a microchip number topic and there was only one that came up with anything.
If this isn't Apollo's current passport issuer, this is worth looking into.
Microchip 966000100401535 is linked to a passport issued by: Horse Passport Agency Ltd - 020 7117 0338

The freezemark could have been done by someone doing cattle at the time or someone else with irons doing marking as a side business.
I have heard a couple of stories of random people doing marking in days gone by.
An irish company called Celtic Cross has been mentioned but I can't find any information about them.

Shared on facebook
Heatherbell

Re: Apollo, 15.1hh approx, skewbald gelding. Freezemark 04+9. Microchip 966000100401535

Post by Heatherbell »

Thanks for your help. That is Apollo's current passport that was issued 23/09/2015. But the silhouette and microchip was done 5/8/2010 so I think he did have another passport. Is there anyway I can find this out? Thankyou
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Re: Apollo, 15.1hh approx, skewbald gelding. Freezemark 04+9. Microchip 966000100401535

Post by TracingEquines »

You could try contacting each of the passport agencies direct and ask them if they have him on their records.

The microchip checker on Horse Passport Agency checks these websites so he's possibly not with them (but it might still be worth a try asking them)
Anglo European Studbook
Caspian Horse Society
Coloured Horse and Pony Society UK
Horse Passport Agency (IRE)
Horse Passport Agency Ltd
Pet ID Equine
Pleasure Horse Society
The Sports Pony Studbook Society
The United Saddlebred Association UK
Trakehner Breeders Fraternity

The top 2 topics in the Information area list the different passport agencies and their website links = viewforum.php?f=10
Heatherbell

Post by Heatherbell »

I'll try Thankyou

Updated 10 July 2016
I have found out about his old lost passport. Done by The spotted horse and pony society in 2007. But his name used to be Digby born 2000. Not 2003. The man who got his passport done was called David , but he bought him from Holmfirth sales and got him a passport , then put him straight into York Sales. The change of ownership was never completed and then the passport was misplaced.