Hello Everyone

PLEASE NOTE - IF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS DOES NOT WORK, YOU WON'T GET THE LINK TO CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT

Tackroom Gossip (TG) is BACK !!

If you need somewhere to advertise your business, online shop, animals for sale, referral links to websites, it's here. You can post here for free, no charge. Times are hard enough for all of us and if me offering this to you can help you, yippee!

If you need somewhere to vent and let off steam about anything horsey, or non-horsey, please feel free to and know that even if we can't actually help, we will try to understand and be there virtually for you.
It's important to Keep Talking, to anyone, just keep that communication going.

This "cost of living crisis" is getting to all of us, the media are constantly going on about prices rising, bills rising, jobs lost etc. It's all doom and gloom.
Spot a good deal somewhere ? Please share it with us.
Found a yummy recipe online that doesn't cost the earth to make ? We'll try it.

Any problems logging in, please reply to this email and I'll get you sorted out.

Thank you
Trish (admin for Tracing Equines and Tackroom Gossip)
www.tracingequines.co.uk

Words Of Advice - REPORT IT TO THE POLICE !!!

The Horsewatch Code = MARK IT, STAMP IT, CHIP IT, CODE IT - OR LOSE IT !
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Dial 101 to contact your local police force (England/Wales only)

Post by TracingEquines »

Reporting non-emergency crimes using 101

101 is the number to call when you want to contact your local police - when it's less urgent than 999. It is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Where is the 101 service available?

101 is now available across all areas of England and Wales.

What you can report using 101

Call 101 to contact the police to report less urgent crime and disorder or to speak to your local officers. For example, call 101:

if your car has been stolen
if your property has been damaged
if you suspect drug use or dealing in your local area
to report a minor traffic accident
to give the police information about crime in your area
to speak to the police about a general enquiry

In Sheffield, you can also call 101 if you have problems with vandalism and graffiti; noise nuisance; abandoned vehicles; dumping or fly tipping and broken street lighting.

If you have a non-emergency problem to report but can't call 101, you can contact your local police force on their alternative non-emergency number.

Cost: what you will be charged if you call 101

Calls to 101 (from both landlines and mobiles) cost 15 pence per call no matter what time of day you call, or how long you are on the phone.

Who will answer your 101 call?

Calls to 101 are answered by police call handlers in the control room of your local police force.

When you call 101, the system will automatically connect you to your local police force. You will hear a recorded message telling you which force you are being connected to. If you are on the boundary between two or more forces, you will have a choice of which force you are connected to.

More Information Here - http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/CrimeJustic ... /DG_185338
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Words Of Advice - REPORT IT TO THE POLICE !!!

Post by TracingEquines »

WORDS OF ADVICE

Often people tell me that that have had a break in and had something small in value stolen, then when I ask "Did you report it to the police" they say its not worth it because the police never patrol near here.

Well let me tell you that with all the cut backs the police have suffered there are fewer officers covering the area, so unless you report every crime the police quite rightly assume that no crimes are committed in your area, so whilst they do patrol all areas when they get time they will not patrol as a matter or urgency your area. Just this morning I was contacted by a member saying a couple of fields down the road had been entered last night and could I believe it but 4 packets of polos and brushes had been taken. You guessed it, no it was not reported.

It does not matter if the value of the theft it 5 pence or £5,000. the principle is the same, all theft must be reported. At the start of all new police shifts all crime in the last 24 hours is read out to all officers, this ensures that your area is patrolled by your local beat officer.

Regards

Phillip
Sussex Horsewatch
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Re: Words Of Advice - REPORT IT TO THE POLICE !!!

Post by TracingEquines »

MORE WORDS OF WISDOM

As the daylight hours get shorter and the dark descends earlier, think, this makes more hours of darkness for the thief to work in! So please take some time to consider how secure your property is. Tack rooms can contain thousands of pounds worth of equipment so at the very minimum invest in good quality, heavy duty padlocks and check the soundness of wooden structures such as doors, are the windows grilled, how easy is it to remove a small piece of roofing to gain access!

I know it is almost impossible to make a tack room completely burglar proof but just for one moment pretend you are a burgler, look at your tack room and ask yourself how you would break in, remember they do not care what damage they do, all they want is your property. It is surprising how easy it is to get into many buildings. The best insurance to to take you tack home, that way the thief does not get yours

All your property should be marked as identifiable in some manner. We usually recommend saddle security marking. Do you know the chassis number of your trailer, the make, model and serial number of your saddle! I have to confess some saddles do not have serial numbers, even more reason to get it security marked. What about the elecdtric fencing energiser. do you know its serial number? If you don't know them now, how would you let the police know if it was stolen? Make a list of your valuables and their identifier - you can create your own inventory for FREE on www.immobilise.com

kind regards

Phillip