Hello Everyone

PLEASE NOTE - IF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS DOES NOT WORK, YOU WON'T GET THE LINK TO CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT

Tackroom Gossip (TG) is BACK !!

If you need somewhere to advertise your business, online shop, animals for sale, referral links to websites, it's here. You can post here for free, no charge. Times are hard enough for all of us and if me offering this to you can help you, yippee!

If you need somewhere to vent and let off steam about anything horsey, or non-horsey, please feel free to and know that even if we can't actually help, we will try to understand and be there virtually for you.
It's important to Keep Talking, to anyone, just keep that communication going.

This "cost of living crisis" is getting to all of us, the media are constantly going on about prices rising, bills rising, jobs lost etc. It's all doom and gloom.
Spot a good deal somewhere ? Please share it with us.
Found a yummy recipe online that doesn't cost the earth to make ? We'll try it.

Any problems logging in, please reply to this email and I'll get you sorted out.

Thank you
Trish (admin for Tracing Equines and Tackroom Gossip)
www.tracingequines.co.uk

Storm (Storm Shower), 16.2hh, bay gelding

Some adverts have a happy ending, others are not good news hence the name change from Success Stories to something slightly more appropriate
Storm12

Storm (Storm Shower), 16.2hh, bay gelding

Post by Storm12 »

Tracing a horse

Looking for my old 16.2hh thoroughbred gelding, he has black legs mane and tail.. White mark on his withers and a tiny white mark on the left side of his upper eye. He was born 1998 (17years old) his racing name was Storm Shower (IRE) sire: Catrail (USA) dam: Crimson Shower (GB) he was in York sales around 2011/beginning of 2012! No trace after, he is wheatherbys passported and was sold from Lincoln Lincolnshire but taken without full payment!

admin - photos deleted 4 jan 2016
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Re: Tracing a horse

Post by TracingEquines »

What stable name was he known as ?

Sold from Lincoln in what year ?

To who ? What area was he supposed to be heading to ?

Have you / Did you, contact Weatherbys to ask them to put a block on his passport ?

Do you know his microchip number ?

Did you report this to the police ?
Storm12

Post by Storm12 »

I just called him storm! Sold from Lincoln near the end of 2011 to a girl called Paula Jackson, he was kept at Welton in Lincolnshire but i then got blocked from all contact and when i went down he wasn't there. She paid half the money. I rang police but they weren't interested. He has been through York auction. Also, i don't know his microchip number
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

Ring Weatherbys, get a block put on his passport so it can't be used and also ask them if they have a record of his microchip number. They should be able to give it to you.
Also, weatherbys might know if his passport has had any owner changes on it already
With Storm having so little white markings, you'll need this to confirm his identity if his name and age has been changed.

Hopefully you've still got copies of any email / facebook conversations that you had with Paula about her buying Storm. Screen shot them and put them in a folder on your computer (or better still print them out if possible and keep them somewhere safe.
You'll need as much evidence as possible together in order to go back to the police and say, this is my horse and he has been stolen.
Dates and times of when Storm was picked up, when you went to visit him and found him not there.
Copies of bank statements (or receipts) showing money paid towards his purchase.

Send me a couple of photos and I'll add them on here for you
Storm12

Post by Storm12 »

Thank you for your advice I will do that! I'm not sure whether it's just my phone but I can't see how to post photos to you?
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

Send them to the facebook page and I'll pick them up tomoro evening when home from work
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Re: Storm (Storm Shower), 16.2hh, bay gelding

Post by TracingEquines »

Photos added and shared on facebook, fingers crossed for some news

If you can pin point which sale date Storm went through and what his name and lot number was, it will give you a start on finding him as York Auctions might still have the buyers details.

Update 4 jan 2016
Storm has been located :)