Hello Everyone

PLEASE NOTE - IF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS DOES NOT WORK, YOU WON'T GET THE LINK TO CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT

Tackroom Gossip (TG) is BACK !!

If you need somewhere to advertise your business, online shop, animals for sale, referral links to websites, it's here. You can post here for free, no charge. Times are hard enough for all of us and if me offering this to you can help you, yippee!

If you need somewhere to vent and let off steam about anything horsey, or non-horsey, please feel free to and know that even if we can't actually help, we will try to understand and be there virtually for you.
It's important to Keep Talking, to anyone, just keep that communication going.

This "cost of living crisis" is getting to all of us, the media are constantly going on about prices rising, bills rising, jobs lost etc. It's all doom and gloom.
Spot a good deal somewhere ? Please share it with us.
Found a yummy recipe online that doesn't cost the earth to make ? We'll try it.

Any problems logging in, please reply to this email and I'll get you sorted out.

Thank you
Trish (admin for Tracing Equines and Tackroom Gossip)
www.tracingequines.co.uk

Jessie (Ardlea Jessie), 16.2hh, chestnut gelding. Microchip 972000010003037

Some adverts have a happy ending, others are not good news hence the name change from Success Stories to something slightly more appropriate
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Jessie (Ardlea Jessie), 16.2hh, chestnut gelding. Microchip 972000010003037

Post by TracingEquines »

'Ardlea Jessie'
Crime Ref: 2014/022377

photo deleted

Breed - IRISH SPORT HORSE
Gender - Gelding
Description / Comments - Police Station: Worthing, Microchip: 972 000 010 003 037
Colour - Chestnut and 4 white socks, and white patch under belly
Height - 16.2hh
Stolen from - Field behind - Wychway Farm, Patching, West Sussex
Date of Theft - 31-01-2014
Region - Stolen Horse Register, Tel: 0870 870 7107, E-Mail: info@farmkey.co.uk

(3-may = removed from SHR for some reason so moved topic back to Horsewatch Information)
ardleajessey

Re: Missing - Jessie (Ardlea Jessie), 16.2hh, chestnut gelding

Post by ardleajessey »

UPDATE - STILL MISSING – OUR LOVELY BOY, JESSIE

“Please post this to everyone and anyone, even if you are not a horsey person, please post and share this, help me bring Jess home where he belongs!!”

A big special thanks to all those people that have helped in the search so far, and the new friends I have found, especially to Tracy Burlinge for her help.

ARDLEA JESSIE, 16.2HH IRISH SPORT HORSE, CHESTNUT GELDING, REMOVED FROM HIS FIELD IN PATCHING, WEST SUSSEX END OF JAN 2014.

Updated story:

Jess was removed from his field by the person I shared a field with because she did not want to share the field we rent due to the bad weather turning our fields into mud and she was apparently scared of Jess, so this person took advantage of getting Jess out when I was ill and ended up in hospital and recovering. It turned out this person actually reported Jess abandoned the day after I saw my horse on 14th January and the day I fell ill. During this time I arranged for another so called friend to look after Jess for me whilst I recovered because the person I shared a field with could not manage to check Jess when she checked her own pony in the same field, and could not carry another feed bucket when she carried her own pony’s.

I have since found out that Jess suffered neglect during those final 2 weeks and then when he retaliated at them by rearing up them they arranged to get him out of our rented field asap, and so he was loaded on a trailer and whisked away in the middle of the night by strangers. The police were contacted, and they cannot apparently investigate this as theft because I had made arrangements for someone to look after Jess during my illness and recovery, so apparently it was my own fault for trusting someone to look after my boy, unbelievable!! So the police have advised me to take this through a civil court and papers are being prepared.
***NB: Be-ware horse owners, if you let a friend look after your horse for any period of time, if the horse goes missing, amazingly its not stolen!!***

Jess was taken by Richard Thomson from Yorkshire. Richard Thomson sold Jess on within 3 weeks and thought to have been sold to an equine dentist, who is probably not aware of this horrendous nightmare that Jess has gone through.

I am seriously concerned about Jessie’s safety now because he does get very upset when he has not seen me for a few days, and now it’s been many weeks, he will be turning himself inside out and getting very stressed out. His behaviour would be extreme if I was away from him for a few days, and normally he would completely revert back to normal and go back to being “chilled out laid back” Jess, once he saw me. Don’t know why he used to react so badly if I was missing, but he would rear and lash out, barge into people and knock them over etc. This is apparently why Richard Thomson sold him on, because he declared Jessie was extremely dangerous and needed to be destroyed. To all those that know Jess, know he is a soppy boy, but If Jessie is still doing this and reacting to my absence, the people that have him, may think they have an unmanageable horse and they may decide to put him down so finding Jessie before he is sold on again or destroyed is now really urgent.

It is absolutely heart-breaking to know Jess is out there somewhere, but not knowing whether he is ok and he is probably wondering where I am. I love my boy so much, and life is so very empty without him, but I need the help of everyone who reads this, so I ask again, please post and share.

***In the hope that the person who has Jess does happen to read this, please contact me, let me know Jess is ok, and please let our boy come home where he belongs. I will happily reimburse you for any costs you have incurred in taking Jess from Richard Thomson etc.***

More photos can be seen here - https://www.facebook.com/karen.shaw.522 ... eam_ref=10

2 photos deleted
Richy

Re: Jessie (Ardlea Jessie), 16.2hh, chestnut gelding. Microchip 972000010003037

Post by Richy »

Hello, my name is Richard Thompson. I’ve been accused here and there of being a horse thief and a horse trader and of animal neglect………
I’m posting on here to set the record straight, not because I have any reputation in the horsey world to protect, but because nobody likes to be the victim of untruths.
So back in January 14, a friend of Facebook told me about a friend of hers that was looking for someone to rescue a 16h Irish Sport horse called Jessie. The story was, that the horse had been on a DIY livery nr Brighton and the owner had run out of money and had stopped visiting the animal, it wasn’t getting any hard feed and the small field it was in with very little shelter had turned to a sea of mud, the animal had injured itself getting through electric fencing to good grass. The Lady who owned the land said she had consulted with the RSPCA, an Equine Solicitor, The Police as well as a Horse Sanctuary. The advice was to put up abandonment notices, stating that unless the owner removed the horse, the ownership of it would pass to the landowner who could then dispose of it as they saw fit. This she said, she did.
So after reading all this, I discussed the matter with my then girlfriend, she already owned a ISH and is a prominent figure in the local horsey scene being a member of the Cheshire Drag Hunt and an Equine Photographer. She agreed it would be good idea if we took a chance and offered to rehome Jessie. The reasoning was this, we had been wanting another horse for me to learn on, for my daughter to ride and for my GF to hunt on as her ISH was getting long in the tooth. Every horse we had looked at was unsound and their owners dishonest, it seemed less of a gamble to take a horse that needed treatment and TLC that was free, rather than buy one that was bound to be unsound anyway.
But then the Livery owner said she wanted money for her expenses for the horse, so the gamble wasn’t as attractive, so this is what we did…..we wired some money to the livery owner so she could buy some hard feed, the horse was starving….and asked for a video of the horse trotted up. Then when that seemed ok, we agreed that we would take the horse and if it was sound after six weeks, we would keep it and pay for it (I think the sum was £1500). The livery owner had to do a few more checks with the RSPCA and I checked with their officer that the procedure followed was correct was informed that everything was in order and we had their blessing to move the horse without a passport, and finally the deal came together and we set off from Yorkshire and collected the horse from the muddy field. We signed a notice of transfer stating terms and we brought him home arriving in the early hours.
The next day we examined him, the poor chap was in poor condition, undernourished and had bad mud fever on his legs, we treated this and set him on a good diet to get him back into condition. He seemed to have a lovely nature and during the day he was kept in the yard with plenty to eat and at night he had a big warm stable.
Then I found out that the original owner was saying he had been stolen, so I contacted her and firmly told her what the position was. She agreed that we should keep him.
The RSPCA and the livery owner advised that I shouldn’t tell the original owner where he was, she was guilty of animal neglect, and my GF was paranoid that she might send someone for him and take her horse by mistake. But I sent photos and a daily update on his welfare. Very quickly, we realised that it was going to be a long time before he would be fit to work, and we negotiated with the livery owner that we wouldn’t pay anything for him as we were looking at some huge expense getting him right. We wanted the passport and the original owner still had this, I asked her for it and she was awkward, stating that we could have the horse, but she wanted the passport because she wanted to sue the livery for parting with him, I offered money and then appealed to her common sense that we would need it for the vet and to see about his jabs……his jabs had run out over a year ago, his teeth need doing, his feet were in a state, he hadn’t been wormed it seemed......I asked Trading standards, Defra advised it was their job, to go and collect the passport and eventually the original owner gave in to the persuasion and sent it. Despite the original owner knowing what had happened and that the horse hadnt been stolen she seemed to have some sort of feud going with the livery owner and was putting stolen notices up on FB despite knowing where the horse was.
Then things went really bad......
My GF took him out on a gentle bit of exercise and he bucked…..then she took him out with another horse and he bucker her off, went crazy lashing out at another horse and running for home. I came home to find my GF lunging him on a concrete yard and trying to boss him. She was upset and phoned a friend who started researching the animal online. She found lots of incidences where he had done the same before, these were on the prev. owner’s Facebook pages and testimonials she had written on the dealers website that she had bought him from. I tried to plead for the animal, saying he needed TLC but my GF gave me an ultimatum and rang the Cheshire Hunt Hound master to see about disposal of him……she was adamant, the horse would kill someone and had to be destroyed, she had her reputation to protect and would not pass on a dangerous horse. The next day, our relationship had deteriorated, I didn’t like her callous attitude about Jessie “an expensive pet you have there” and she didn’t appreciate the fact I cared more about the horses welfare than hers and hadn’t made a fuss about the injuries she had sustained. She took the first steps in moving herself and her horse out, our relationship was over. I asked around about what to do, I explained the situation to the original owner and said if she could put him anywhere she had 7 days to take him back, she made lame noises about maybe there being somewhere in a fortnight. The local riding school said have him shot as did 6 other experienced horse owners, so I booked someone to come and kill him. Then a lady at another equestrian centre put something on facebook and people started calling me about the offer of a free horse. I decided to let an equine dentist take him, as he said, it was probably a back or teeth problem that caused him to buck and he could cure that, plus he had enough of a reputation to consider, so he wouldn’t just pass him on for profit….so I gave him away. So that’s the story, I tried to do what was right, dunno what I should have done differently apart from stay away from horsey women.

Oh and as far as I know the horse is happy and thriving on a wonderful yard.
ardleajessey

Post by ardleajessey »

Desperate people do desperate things. We have communication from RSCPA telling me they had told the other tenant (not the land owner or livery yard owner lol), that jess was in normal condition and they would not get involved.

Richard your lies along with the other person are easily proven, so thanks for posting what you have, I have sent it to our investigating officer, and she will easily see that when compared to all your emails to me, the letter from rspca confirming they will not be involved as well as many other documents, that your rubbish is the actions of a desperate man, trying to talk his way out of trouble.

The British Horse society legal helpline has also confirmed that if a horse is abandoned (which again we have proof that jess wasn't due to communications to and from the person looking after Jess when I was in hospital), then its the land owner not the tenant that takes responsibility for the horse, and puts up a notice giving the owner 14 days, after which, the land owner (not the tenant) has to apply to the courts for ownership to be transferred to the land owner before he or she can legally sell him, otherwise it is actually classed as theft. This is the law and you failed to follow it, very simple really.

And perhaps you can tell us all why you sold Jess with fake/forged papers, yes we know!!, and telling the person that bought him, I was a junkie (you don't realise how funny that is considering the other tenant who you believed is a drug dealer), and you told them I neglected and mistreated my horse, and he was rescued by the RSPCA. Again, RSPCA confirmed they had nothing to do with Jess after 17th Jan, and had nothing to do with his rehoming (as you put it).

Thanks for posting what you did, it proves exactly what sort of person you are, and I knew the tenant was desperate for money and so you paid her £1500 for my horse.
Richy

Post by Richy »

We didn't pay anything for Jessie and incurred substantial costs looking after him following your neglect. I have photos of him the day he arrived here and they are not pretty.

If anyone in authority wants to speak to me, just PM me here and I'll ring you straight back to discuss my side of this sad story.
Richy

Post by Richy »

As for forged papers, that is nonsense, I gave the people who took Jessie the passport that the original owner sent to me and a document I wrote out with my name, address, and the fact that I was transferring the ownership to them for nothing.

I do wonder what would have happened to Jessie had I not rescued him, the owner knew his plight but was doing nothing for him.

My conscience is more than clear.
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

Jessie is now back home :)