Hello Everyone

PLEASE NOTE - IF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS DOES NOT WORK, YOU WON'T GET THE LINK TO CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT

Tackroom Gossip (TG) is BACK !!

If you need somewhere to advertise your business, online shop, animals for sale, referral links to websites, it's here. You can post here for free, no charge. Times are hard enough for all of us and if me offering this to you can help you, yippee!

If you need somewhere to vent and let off steam about anything horsey, or non-horsey, please feel free to and know that even if we can't actually help, we will try to understand and be there virtually for you.
It's important to Keep Talking, to anyone, just keep that communication going.

This "cost of living crisis" is getting to all of us, the media are constantly going on about prices rising, bills rising, jobs lost etc. It's all doom and gloom.
Spot a good deal somewhere ? Please share it with us.
Found a yummy recipe online that doesn't cost the earth to make ? We'll try it.

Any problems logging in, please reply to this email and I'll get you sorted out.

Thank you
Trish (admin for Tracing Equines and Tackroom Gossip)
www.tracingequines.co.uk

2009 - Tinkerbell (piebald), Foal (white/grey), Houdini (white/grey)

The Horsewatch Code = MARK IT, STAMP IT, CHIP IT, CODE IT - OR LOSE IT !
TracingEquines
Site Admin

2009 - Tinkerbell (piebald), Foal (white/grey), Houdini (white/grey)

Post by TracingEquines »

(Stolen) Tinkerbell/Foal/Houdini 3 shetlands - Lower Earley
22 October 2009

Three shetlands were stolen from a farm in Lower Earley.

Houdini, Tinkerbell and Foal were destined for big things with Foal due to head up to Aberdeen for a pantomime this Christmas.

But the three little dobbins, including baby Tinkerbell who is only two, were taken from a field off the M4 in Lower Earley Lane in the early hours of Monday.

Only track marks from what looks like a four-wheel drive vehicle and a trailer left any indication as to where they had gone.

Their owner Ian Lucken, who with his wife Linda, daughter Suzie and son-in-law Simon, had hand-reared Foal and Tinkerbell, said he had his suspicions as to who would take the ponies – but just wanted them back.

He said: “They have taken the best ones, not all of the ponies are very tame but these ones were.

“I am very frustrated by the whole thing.

“I have heard there have been a spate of ponies stolen in the area and to go around doing this – it is just not on.

“They are taking children’s ponies as well and they are people’s pets, the thieves have no feelings for anyone.”

Mr Lucken, of Lands End Farm, has been working with ponies since 1957 and rears pantomime ponies for shows across the country.

There were 29 white ponies in the field at the time, each worth about £500, who were bolted in behind three locked gates.

Mr Lucken said: “Tinkerbell’s mate is still here and is crying out for her every day.

“The police are contacting the local neighbourhood teams and I am just hoping someone sees them and gets in touch.

“They are quite unique little things and they mean a lot to us.”

The ponies are well-known in the area and have been targeted by thieves before although they were later recovered by police in Bristol.

Tinkerbell is described as a black and white mix, although her dark spots are turning lighter, and is around 31 ins tall.

Foal is about 35 ins tall and is white with a long mane while Houdini is also white and around 42 ins tall.

PC Kevin Rodney from Thames Valley Police said: “If you have seen any white Shetland ponies, been offered them for sale, or saw any suspicious activity in the area over the weekend, please contact me as soon as possible.”

Anyone with information should contact PC Rodney on 08458 505 505 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.