Hello Everyone

PLEASE NOTE - IF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS DOES NOT WORK, YOU WON'T GET THE LINK TO CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT

Tackroom Gossip (TG) is BACK !!

If you need somewhere to advertise your business, online shop, animals for sale, referral links to websites, it's here. You can post here for free, no charge. Times are hard enough for all of us and if me offering this to you can help you, yippee!

If you need somewhere to vent and let off steam about anything horsey, or non-horsey, please feel free to and know that even if we can't actually help, we will try to understand and be there virtually for you.
It's important to Keep Talking, to anyone, just keep that communication going.

This "cost of living crisis" is getting to all of us, the media are constantly going on about prices rising, bills rising, jobs lost etc. It's all doom and gloom.
Spot a good deal somewhere ? Please share it with us.
Found a yummy recipe online that doesn't cost the earth to make ? We'll try it.

Any problems logging in, please reply to this email and I'll get you sorted out.

Thank you
Trish (admin for Tracing Equines and Tackroom Gossip)
www.tracingequines.co.uk

Sussex Horsewatch - Jan 2012 to Oct 2017

The Horsewatch Code = MARK IT, STAMP IT, CHIP IT, CODE IT - OR LOSE IT !
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Re: Sussex Horsewatch - 2012

Post by TracingEquines »

Issue Date: 17/1/2012

Title: SHED AND TACK ROOM THEFTS

There have been several breaks to sheds and tack rooms in the Cross Colwood Lane area of Bolney. Power tools, Garden equiptment, a boxed CCTV system and a raido controlled petrol driven model car were stolen.

If you have any information about these incidents please call 101 quoting serial 0726 of 17/01/12.

Please report any suspisious behaviour or vehicles to Sussex Police on our non - emergency number 101 or if a crime is in progress call 999.
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

Issue Date: 19/1/2012

Title: THEFT OF LAWNMOWERS

Overnight 18th January to 19th January a property was broken into on Church Lane Horsted Keynes and 7 Lawnmowers were stolen.

2x Flymows
2 X Hayter mowers
3 x Honda Mowers

Also stolen were some chainsaw protection trousers and three wheelbarrows along with a container of fuel.

This is a substantioal job with a large loss and would have taken some time to undertake.

If you have any knowledge about this theft or have been offered any of the above type mowers then please call 101 quoting serial 246 19/01/12.

Issue Date: 19/1/2012

Title: THEFT OF LEAD

Large quantity of lead valued at £3500 stolen from building in Easebourne near Midhurst.

Report all suspicious behaviour on 101.

In an emergency dial 999
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

Dear All

I have just received the message below from one of our members, if these dogs are yours, or you know who they belong to, then at least you will know they are safe.

Phillip

On my return from the farm 10 mins ago there were 2 loose dogs on the A275 East Grinstead Road at North Chailey, a King Charles Spaniel and a scruffy brindle type terrier running around in traffic. They have been caught and seemed to be unharmed but a lady has taken them to one of the local vets (sorry not sure which one) but Haywards Heath or Uckfield I would imagine to see if they have microchips. I am just letting you know in case any members have lost them.
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

Issue Date: 20/1/2012

Title: SUSPICIOUS VEHICLE NC57FDO

Your attention is drawn to a white Ford Transit short wheel base NC57FDO.
3 males with this vehicle viewed with suspicion when they approached a farm in Coolham at 11.54 AM today, 20/01/2012 as they were asking for batteries and scrap. Our ref SXP-20120120-0614.
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

Last evening rugs were stolen off the backs of 5 horses in a field on the A21 Kent Street Near Battle. There were 4 new Rhinegold medium weight full neck rugs, they all have 1” square blue and mid blue check, every set of 4 squares has a pale blue boarder. The other rug was a green colour heavy canvass type rug. The owner says that the people concerned must have come armed with food as two of the horses are very difficult to get near at the best of times.
Crime Number is EH3/007112/12

Regards

Phillip
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

Dear All

Following on from my message last evening re the stolen rugs, not wishing to rub salt into the wound but sadly they were not marked. So please find attached again the details I sent out recently on how to mark your rugs. Unless there is some form of positive ID the police cannot do anything about it. It is no use you saying "that is my rug because I recognise a tear, a repair or whatever" that does not prove ownership. Rugs are not cheap, mark them, even the cheapest is over £40 and can cost £200, the other fact is that at this time of the years the most popular sizes will be sold out and you could well have problems replacing them.

Rug theft is on the rise across the UK, so please deter the thief, MARK THEM.

If you are the victim of rug theft, or any other piece of tack, look on E bay as a lot of stolen gear is moved on this way, specially if it is not marked.

I hope that I have now got the message across .

Phillip
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

After sending out the message about rug marking I received a message from one of our members, a serving officer with Sussex Police, he offers some very good advice, but of course if the rugs or equipment are new then it would not be so easy to identify. Thank you Geoff I will think of you on duty until 03.00 hours tomorrow.

Phillip

May I suggest that your members photograph all their kit, especially if they have anything like a tear which makes them unique. We can ID items and return them to the owner when the owner can prove it is their's. A photograph can be invaluable in identification and has often enabled police to identify individual items such as chainsaws from the thousands of the same make and type.
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

Dear All

Following the reports that I put out reference the rug theft, one of our eagle eyed members sent me the message below about a sale advertised on E bay, although it is a long way to go it could be worth while anyone having had anything equine stolen in recent months to go along.

Phillip

Hi Phillip,

After reading the email below I came across this tack sale advertising on E-bay. I remember that there have been others in that area in the past.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Table-top-Tac ... 1c227e6e15#
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

Dear All

Recently I have had several reports from members right across East and West Sussex reporting that their horse/s have again had plaits put in their manes. Having gone over the many cases reported to me and or the police over the last two years what stands out to me is that either the same horses, or horses kept in the same field, or horses kept in close proximity are being targeted. I have said many times that although we do not have categoric evidence, it is widely believed that mane plaiting is a ritual of "White Witchcraft". It strikes me that as all the cases seem to be taking place either at the same farm/yard or properties within 1 mile of each other. To me this suggests that sects of witches operating in their own coven's proximity.

I have had lots of photographs of plaits sent to me and in most cases it is obvious that they have been put in by human hand, but I have to admit that there have been questionable and may have been caused by rubbing against a hedge, fence or gate.

Regards

Phillip
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

Dear All

Yet another case of rugs being stolen off the backs of horses, it has been reported to me by a member that.

Last night Sunday 29th January rugs were stolen straight off the backs of 2 donkey's and 2 Shetland ponies in Yapton Road Middleton On Sea.

Also two sheds were broken into where hay and a green grooming box were stolen in Yapton Road Middleton On Sea, opposite Middleton Farm Shop.

I have spoken to my counter part in Hampshire tonight and he reports that there has been several reported cases recently in his area. A quick way to mark your rugs is to paint your post code in large figures onto the rugs, this will make the cost of removal more than the thieves can sell them for.

Regards

Phillip