Hello Everyone

PLEASE NOTE - IF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS DOES NOT WORK, YOU WON'T GET THE LINK TO CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT

Tackroom Gossip (TG) is BACK !!

If you need somewhere to advertise your business, online shop, animals for sale, referral links to websites, it's here. You can post here for free, no charge. Times are hard enough for all of us and if me offering this to you can help you, yippee!

If you need somewhere to vent and let off steam about anything horsey, or non-horsey, please feel free to and know that even if we can't actually help, we will try to understand and be there virtually for you.
It's important to Keep Talking, to anyone, just keep that communication going.

This "cost of living crisis" is getting to all of us, the media are constantly going on about prices rising, bills rising, jobs lost etc. It's all doom and gloom.
Spot a good deal somewhere ? Please share it with us.
Found a yummy recipe online that doesn't cost the earth to make ? We'll try it.

Any problems logging in, please reply to this email and I'll get you sorted out.

Thank you
Trish (admin for Tracing Equines and Tackroom Gossip)
www.tracingequines.co.uk

Essex Horsewatch - 2011 to 2015

The Horsewatch Code = MARK IT, STAMP IT, CHIP IT, CODE IT - OR LOSE IT !
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Essex Horsewatch - 2011 to 2015

Post by TracingEquines »

The following information is forwarded on behalf of Essex Police. Roxwell is situated just off on the A1060 east of Chelmsford. Please be aware of this vehicle and if seen in your area, contact the Police.

Regards
Julie

TACK BURGLARY - VEHICLE SEEN
Between 2pm and 3pm yesterday, 16th Nov, at Roxwell Essex, all the tack from several tack rooms, was stolen.
The thieves are believed to be using a Renault panel van index YR05 EKU, which was reportedly seen on other local farms too.
Please be alert to this vehicle and contact the police on 999 if seen.
Please also ensure that your tack rooms are secure. If you need any security advice you can contact me on this email address or on the telephone number below.
It is believed that the van originates from the Herts area, so please pass this message on to colleagues, co-workers, friends and anyone in the equine community, living cross-border.
Many thanks
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Re: Essex Horsewatch - November 2011

Post by TracingEquines »

Essex Horsewatch
TACK THEFT, ROXWELL, ESSEX - Between 2pm and 3pm, 16th Nov, all the tack from several tack rooms, was stolen. Thieves believed to be using a Renault panel van index YR05 EKU, which was reportedly also seen on other local farms. Believed to have been very active in the Harlow area too. Also seen in Sept at Weald Bridge Road where the driver was discribed as scruffy, about 40 years old, dark haired close cut and curly, swarthy appearance but not heavily built. He was asked to leave which he did

Please be alert to this vehicle and contact the police on 999 if seen. Please also ensure that your tack rooms are secure.
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

It's been remarked that I omitted to include the colour of the sus Renault van, YR05EKU, subject of yesterday's tack theft alert. I hadn't noticed, so my apologies for that. The colour of the van was white. It appears to be very active so any sightings to the police immediately please.
Regards
Peter
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

Post spread by Jane Hope
ALL HORSE OWNERS!!!! White transit type van linked to robberies from livery yards reg no. YR05 EKU Lastest hit yards are in Roxwell.. Hatfield Broad Oak ... Epping. Made an appearance at Yates Feed in Waltham Abbey but fled when confronted by the owner. Please be vigillant YRO5 EKU Please pass around !!
Reply from Essex Horsewatch
The victim at HBO did not see anyone or any vehicles, so beware of the rumour mill. It has been seen at Waltham Abbey for sure. Any sightings, please diall 999 and please note the direction of travel. Thanks
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

Sue Crompton
10:04pm Dec 10

From Lincolnshire Horsewatch: Helen Faulkner
we have had our lorry stolen from Essex area (its a black with a red strip) reg E867 XJ0 if anyone has seen it since Wednesday please contact Essex police or facebook me x :(

Police ref num cf1045511211.
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Essex Horsewatch - 2012

Post by TracingEquines »

Paton and Lee Equine Veterinary Surgery - https://www.facebook.com/patonandlee

Lorry stolen AGAIN!! Please could everyone keep a look out for this lorry, which has been stolen again (the second time in 4 months) from Walk to Canter tack shop in Stebbing, Nr Great Dunmow. Last time it was stolen it was recovered near Rayleigh, South Essex. Your help would be much appreciated, just let the practice know if you have any information. Thank you.

It's a 3/4 horse Oakley Supreme on Iveco chassis, now blue, used to be green.
It had Duck End Stables written on it

(photo hosted on new TE gallery)
Last edited by TracingEquines on 26 Feb 2012, 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Re: Essex Horsewatch - 2011 to 2013

Post by TracingEquines »

11 April 2013

Message from Essex Police
(via Suffolk Horsewatch)

Stolen from Margaretting, Ingatestone
Between 26th March 18:00 – 27th March 07:00
Entry gained to a secure outbuilding by cutting the padlock, a Cross Country black and red carriage was removed along with a Green Kawasaki Mule Quad bike.

TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

16 October 2013

Although this happened in Essex, this has been forwarded to Suffolk Horse Watch members in case they were in the vicinity of the Mistley Park Place Animal Sanctuary on Saturday 12th October when two horses suffered horrific injuries after being attacked by a dog.

The dog walker is described as a young white man, average height and build, he had a young child with him and two Staffordshire Bull Terrier type dogs who were both off the lead on New Road, Mistley. One black dog was seen attacking the horses. The man entered the horses field over fencing and retrieved the dog and then fled along New Road then down a public footpath called Mistley Place Walk towards Kiln Lane, Manningtree. It's possible the dog sustained injuries due to the horses trying to defend themselves, maybe cuts, swellings, limp?

The full story can be read on the following link to the East Anglian Daily Times
Link - http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/mistley_owne ... _1_2882706

If you would like to pass on any information this incident please contact
Mistley Place Animal Sanctuary 01206 393433
Essex Police Non-emergency number 101 or 01245 491491

If you would prefer to pass on information anonymously call Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

3 December 2013

Pilgrims Hatch, Brentwood CM14

Between 29/11/2013 17:00 and 30/11/2013 10:00
SUSPECT UNKNOWN HAS ENTERED THE FARM AREA THROUGH FRONT GATE WHICH WAS CLOSED BUT NOT SECURE AND REMOVED A GREEN AND YELLOW JOHN DEER GATOR AND A METAL HORSE TRAILER BELIEVED BY USING A VEHICLE TO REMOVE AND LEAVING THE PREMISES ACROSS THE FIELDS
The Gator is distinctive in that the nearside lateral panel on the rear is dented and bends out at the corner of the trailer directly behind the driver
The Wessex Olympian Horsebox is black with a custom aluminium shelf above the wheels and a red tack rack screw fitted inside at the front. It is a three horse box but only divided for two horses

If anyone has any information please contact PC Randel Bray at Essex Police on 101 quoting reference number CF0961361113

WHITES HILL, COGGESHALL CO6 (Nr Braintree)

OVERNIGHT 25/26TH NOVEMBER SUSPECT UNKNOWN GAINED ENTRY TO FIELD BY BREAKING DOWN ELECTRIC FENCING ONCE INSIDE SUSPECT HAVE GAINED ENTRY TO SECURE STABLE TACK ROOM BY FORCING THE LOCK - THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WERE REMOVED FROM WITHIN -
• HONDA 125cc QUAD BIKE,
• 2 THOROGOOD BLACK LEATHER SADDLES
• WINTEC EXTRA WIDE GULLET,
• DUBLIN LONG LEATHER RIDING BOOTS THREE PAIRS IN SIZE 5, 6 AND 7
• LARGE QUANTITY OF NUMNAHS, GIRTHS, STIRRUP LEATHERS AND STIRRUPS

Anyone with any information should call PS 74427 Colbear – Braintree, quoting reference CF0950601113

A general message for this time of year is to be mindful of home security and leaving valuable presents on show. It’s safer to keep them hidden until closer to Christmas Day, burglars have no consideration for others and don’t care if they ruin someone’s Christmas. Demand for the latest “must have” gadgets can fuel crime at this time of year.

Farms may also be targets for seasonal thefts such as Turkeys and Christmas Trees and we ask that our rural residents remain vigilant and report anything suspicious.
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

This is the same break in

Descriptions from Theresa (the mum)

Theresa Colormorehorses (mum) - https://www.facebook.com/theresa.colormorehorses

MY YARD WAS BROKEN INTO LAST NIGHT- 09/03/14 EARLY HOURS OF THE MORNING - Downham, Billericay, Essex CM11 THEY GAINED ACCESS VIA A FIELD WHICH IS SEVERAL ACRES AWAY FROM MY YARD
ALL MY SADDLES AND BRIDLES WERE STOLEN PLUS VARIOUS BOOTS, HEADCOLLARS ETC…..BELOW IS A LIST OF SOME OF THE ITEMS:

1 X BLACK 18″ BARNSBY JUMPING/GP SADDLE HAS THE WHITE BARNSBY LOGO BADGE NEWISH DESIGN HAS WORN GIRTH STRAPS BLACK STIRRUP TREADS ON STIRRUPS-MAY HAVE DARK BROWN AND BLACK HAIRS ON THE UNDERNEATH

1 X BLACK 17″ IDEAL GP SADDLE HAS SCRATCHES TO THE BACK OF THE SADDLE DUE TO MARE ROLLING IN IT-MAY HAVE CREAM AND REDDISH BROWN HAIRS ON THE UNDERNEATH

1 X BLACK 18″ DEREK AND RICKETTS EVENTING SADDLE HAS A LEATHER TAG
AND PURPLE TREADS ON THE STIRRUPS-MAY HAVE PALOMINO/CREAM HAIRS ON THE UNDERNEATH

1 X BROWN/TAN JEFFREY FIELDHOUSE GFS 17″ PRO EVENT EXTRA SADDLE HAS MARKS NEAR THE GFS LOGO GIRTH STRAPS WORN AND STIRRUP LEATHER MARKS-MAY HAVE PALOMINO HAIRS ON THE UNDERNEATH

1 X DARK BROWN/BLACK 17″ ENGLISH DRESSAGE SADDLE THIS AN OLD FASHIONED TYPE OF DRESSAGE SADDLE WORN GIRTH STRAPS

1 X BROWN WESTERN BIG HORN SADDLE WITH FLEECE UNDERNEATH HAS A NEW LATIGO GIRTH STRAP, AND A FLEECE GIRTH HAS ONE WOODEN WESTERN STIRRUP ONE ENGLISH STIRRUP ALOT OF DAMAGE TO THE HORN AT THE FRONT OF THE SADDLE

1 X BLACK ENGLISH LEATHER COB/FULL SIZE BRIDLE BRASS BUCKLES CRANK NOSEBAND NOT A FLASH NOSEBAND COMPLETE WITH 6″COPPER LOZENGE LOOSE RING BIT AND BLACK RUBBER REINS

1 X BLACK PONY BRIDLE WITH WHITE PIPED BROWBAND LINED WITH WHITE AND PINK PEARLS UNIQUE DESIGN ONE OFF WITH BAUCHER HAPPY MOUTH BIT

1 X BRIDLE WITH MATCHING NOSEBAND AND BROWBAND PINK AND CLEAR CRYSTALS-SOME CRYSTALS MISSING

1 X RED TAN INHAND BRIDLE SILVER BUCKLES AND SILVER CLENCHER BROWBAND

1 X TAN/BROWN WITH BRASS COLOURED NEULE SCHEULE LOOSE RING SNAFFLE WITH LOZENGE. NOSEBAND HAS FLASH ATTACHMENT CUT OFF COMPLETE WITH BROWN LEATHER AND RUBBER REINS

1 X BLACK HALF A BRIDLE WITH NO NOSEBAND WITH PEARL PINK AND WHITE AND WHITE PIPING BROWBAND HAD A HAPPY MOUTH HANGING CHEEK BIT THAT HAD 2 TAN LONG REINS ATTACHED WITH SILVER BUCKLES

1 X HERITAGE DARK BROWN COB SIZE LEATHER HEADCOLLAR LONG WHITE LEAD ROPE ATTACHED

1 X SCHOCKEMOHLE SPORTS GREY FULL SIZE HEADCOLLAR WOULD HAVE BLACK HAIRS ON THE INSIDE

1 X SCHOCKEMOHLE SPORTS TAN HEADCOLLAR PONY SIZE WOULD HAVE CREAM HAIRS ON THE INSIDE

1 X CHIFNEY ATTACHED TO A TAN HEADPIECE

1 X BLACK BE NICE WITH THE BRASS INSERTS AROUND POLL AREA THIS WAS WELL USED

1 X GREY AND WHITE NATURAL HORSEMANSHIP HALTER

1 X HAUPTNER CLIPPERS WITH SILVER HEAD AND LILAC BODY THESE WERE IN A CARRY CASE WITH BLADES REMOVED WITH 2 SETS OF BLADES

VARIOUS LEAD ROPES,SOME EXTRA LONG SIZE
BIG BOX OF BOOTS AND LEATHER PARTS,PURPLE STABLE BANDAGES,BRIDLE PARTS,INCLUDING BRAND NEW PURPLE PATENT BRUSHING BOOTS.
ALL THE ABOVE ITEMS ARE IN EXCELLENT/NEW CONDITION

this is just a few of the items stolen,some of these items have a sentimental value and are not replaceable please keep a look out it is believed they could be anywhere in the country

Descriptions from Christine (the daughter)

Christine Lola Mahon - https://www.facebook.com/christine.mahon2

Link to status and photos - https://www.facebook.com/christine.maho ... 6186636060

STOLEN- PLEASE READ AND SHARE THIS STATUS help me find my tack!-
STOLEN-
Between the hours of 4am and 5am this morning we was broken into at Ramsden Heath, Billericay, Essex CM11 the following items were stolen and go in order of pictures ALL saddles had STIRRUPS attached ALL bridles had BITS attached these may have been removed or may not.

1) Brown BIG HORN western saddle with one metal english stirrup and one wooden western stirrup with brown nylon latigo on had SCRATCHES to the horn this saddle is VERY identifiable as there are not many big horns out there so if you see one please tell me!
2) 17 inch BROWN DRESSAGE saddle with BROWN leather girth the girth had a funny shield symbol on it, it also had some damage to straps so the holes were a bit bigger
3)17 inch TAN JEFFREY FIELDHOUSE english saddle had little pierce marks near the logo which I remember when cleaning it and the straps were a bit worn also had PALOMINO hairs in places as our stallion last wore it and he was molting at the time
4) BLACK IDEAL GP saddle had some scratches on the back of the saddle and a poo mark on one of the sides as my mare rolled in it!
5) BLACK BARNSBY SADDLE bit of damage to straps again
6) BLACK derek rickets 18inch black eventing saddle (no pics of this as yet)
7) Brown bridle with gold neule scheule bit flash has been cut off noseband
8) BLACK bridle with gold buckles with copper bit with lozenge in the middle (not the bit in the picture) on the throatlash bit with the holes it had a larger hole than the rest where it was worn
9) BROWN bridle with pink and silver diamontes on this is UNIQUE as I HANDMADE the diamontes on the bridle myself
10) BLACK half a bridle (no noseband) with PINK AND WHITE PEARL browband I only have a picture of the browband as I was going to sell it this is UNIQUE AS I MADE THIS BROWBAND MYSELF! its is the ONLY ONE OUT THERE IN THE UK inbox me if you see this as it may lead us to the rest!
11) Hauptner clippers with blades in the box may have white hairs in the box as clipped a grey last (have no pics of these)
12) HERITAGE leather headcollar would be muddy as was worn in the field
13) SCHOCKEMOHLE SPORTS GREY FULL SIZE headcollar was starting to go RUSTY in places would have BLACK hairs on it these are RARE in this country
14) BROWN SCHOCKEMHOLE SPORTS PONY SIZE headcollar would have grey hairs on it as a grey wore it last
15) BLACK BE NICE was a bit green on the gold parts on the head with wear
16) harry hall riding hat in BROWN BAG
17) BIG BOX OF BOOTS INCLUDING PATENT LEATHER PURPLE BOOTS, LEATHER PARTS, BLACK BRUSHING BOOTS AND LOADS OF OTHER STUFF

ALSO numerous show bridles were STOLEN share this status and help me find my tack as many of you as you can some of this stuff meant alot to me as its from horses the have passed away and some are christmas presents If you see any of these for sale anywhere INBOX ME STRAIGHT AWAY thank you so much! xxxx