Hello Everyone

PLEASE NOTE - IF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS DOES NOT WORK, YOU WON'T GET THE LINK TO CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT

Tackroom Gossip (TG) is BACK !!

If you need somewhere to advertise your business, online shop, animals for sale, referral links to websites, it's here. You can post here for free, no charge. Times are hard enough for all of us and if me offering this to you can help you, yippee!

If you need somewhere to vent and let off steam about anything horsey, or non-horsey, please feel free to and know that even if we can't actually help, we will try to understand and be there virtually for you.
It's important to Keep Talking, to anyone, just keep that communication going.

This "cost of living crisis" is getting to all of us, the media are constantly going on about prices rising, bills rising, jobs lost etc. It's all doom and gloom.
Spot a good deal somewhere ? Please share it with us.
Found a yummy recipe online that doesn't cost the earth to make ? We'll try it.

Any problems logging in, please reply to this email and I'll get you sorted out.

Thank you
Trish (admin for Tracing Equines and Tackroom Gossip)
www.tracingequines.co.uk

Northants Horsewatch - December 2011

The Horsewatch Code = MARK IT, STAMP IT, CHIP IT, CODE IT - OR LOSE IT !
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Northants Horsewatch - October 2011

Post by TracingEquines »

Lyn Childs
6:12am Oct 13
Martine Bye, BHS East Midlands sent this message 'Please everyone keep your eyes & ears open my tack room was emptied out overnight, 7 saddles, bridles and 3 pairs of clippers. My only consolation is that my horses are all ok. I do have a list of saddles etc there are 2 holistic supreme treelss saddles which are not that common if you see anything. I am in Outwell, be aware'.
Dated 4th October
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Re: Northants Horsewatch - October 2011

Post by TracingEquines »

Lyn Johnson
Hi All, my Bayhill horse trailer was stolen off my drive in Spencer, Northampton, a few days ago during daylight hours of 10am and 3pm. It was stolen during the day of the 29th September. It is light blue with some green moss marks in a few places. It is a back load with a jockey door. Inside it has decking wood as floor with special black foam rubber flooring which is also on the sides and partition and around the breast bars. I have also used a Robinsons Jute horse rug as the flooring on the load door. Back left light cover is broken. Please help me find it or call the police if you see it anywhere. Thank you all! Lyn
Like · · Unfollow Post · October 4 at 8:03pm

Lyn Johnson
9:27pm Oct 14
Hi All, I recently told of the theft of my trailer. I found this photo of me on my lovely boy Scoobie and in the background you cansee the trailer that was stolen. Please keep an eye out for my trailer or advise the police with Crime Number NP31927/11. Thank you

TracingEquines
Site Admin

Re: Northants Horsewatch - October 2011

Post by TracingEquines »

Vickie Wright
8:19pm Oct 20
Beware anyone with a stack of hay/straw bales. We have just had a stack of straw bales set alight just near the A14 they have broken into the field to start the fire. The damage is yet to be assessed as the fire fighters and police are still there. Thank goodness it was caught early and that should limit the damage.

Vickie Wright
9:03pm Oct 20
nr Thrapston
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Northants Horsewatch - November 2011

Post by TracingEquines »

Lyn Childs
6:22am Nov 1
Crime and policing update for farm and rural contacts 28/10/2011 13:06:31

Information sent on behalf of Northamptonshire Police Community Connect
(Please do not reply directly to this email, please use the Reply button at the bottom of this message)

Crime and policing update for farm and rural contacts

Scrap metal and a 5 gallon drum of diesel were stolen from a property in Dark Lane, Braunston, Daventry. A similar theft occurred a few months previously.

During the evening of Friday 21 October, an attempt was made to break into a tack room in Eydon. No entry was gained.

A flat bed trailer and JCB 403 compact wheeled loader were moved towards the exit of a property in Lower Benefield, Peterborough and then abandoned during the evening of Monday 24 October.

An attempt was made to break into a grain store in Gayton Road, Blisworth between Friday 21 and Monday 24 October and a barn in Netherdyke, Glapthorn was broken into and items of clothing, socket wrenches and two chainsaws were stolen.

During the afternoon of Tuesday 25 October, electrical goods were stolen from a farm in Pilton.

Anyone with information please call us on 101 or alternatively, information can be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Message sent by
Community Connect Team (C0997, Admin, Northamptonshire Police)
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Re: Northants Horsewatch - November 2011

Post by TracingEquines »

Lyn Childs
6:20am Nov 1
Crime prevention officer - Halloween and Bonfire Night 28/10/2011 19:17:37

(Please do not reply directly to this email, please use the Reply button at the bottom of this message)

Crime prevention officer - Halloween and Bonfire Night

Remember, remember, the fifth of November – and remember to lock all your doors and windows!

The end of British Summertime leads into Halloween and Bonfire Night next week.

But darker nights, coupled with revellers distracted by the sound of celebration, can provide rich pickings for burglars and opportunist criminals.

Burglaries traditionally peak during the last week of October and the first week of November, as the winter months approach.

And Force crime prevention officer Laura Major warned that thieves are now on the look out for soft targets

She said: “The longer dark nights give thieves greater cover in carrying out their crimes and they also prey on those who are distracted by celebrations around Halloween and Bonfire Night.

“If you are attending events or parties at this time of year, and are leaving your house empty, please make sure you leave on a light or a radio playing to suggest the property is occupied.

“Lock all your doors and all your windows. Don’t give the burglar the slightest temptation to steal.

“There are plenty of distractions around at the moment and criminals home in on those whose minds are elsewhere, relying on the sound of firework parties to mask their intentions.

“It is important to keep your wits about you and, most importantly, ensure your homes and vehicles are locked and not left vulnerable to crime.”

Message sent by
Community Connect Team (C0997, Admin, Northamptonshire Police)
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

Lyn Childs
6:19am Nov 1

Happy Ending for evicted animals...from Hilklside Animal Sanctuary..........

Thirty seven horses and ponies, also sheep and goats evicted from the Quality of Life Sanctuary in Devon, after the bank foreclosed on them, are now safely at Hillside. The remaining cows are due to arrive with us any day now
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

HorseWatch

From the National Horsewatch newsletter

There have been a number of incidents in the Northamptonshire area where a female has attended at riding schools claimimg to be a BHS Inspector. She has taken photos of horses. When owners have made enquiries this lady in not a BHS Inspector on atleast one occassion there has been an attempted burglary shortly afterwards. Chri Doran from BHS advises schools to be on their guard and if in any doubt to contact the BHS Aprovals team
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

Lyn Childs
10:05pm Nov 3
Be a bright spark - stay safe on Bonfire Night! 03/11/2011 20:35:15

Be a bright spark - stay safe on Bonfire Night!

With Bonfire Night approaching at the weekend, officers and PSCOs will be out and about ensuring people enjoy the fireworks safely and legally.

There will be extra, high-visibility patrols of officers, PSCOs and Special Constables across the county and body worn video and CCTV will be used to capture evidence. In addition, police cars and vans will be dedicated to respond to any incidents as and when they happen.

Chief Inspector Williams explains that Northamptonshire Police will be cracking down on those that break the law: "We don't want to stop anyone having fun - quite the opposite. We want to make sure that people can enjoy Bonfire Night safely and without being affected by crime and anti-social behaviour. We will be using all of the powers at our disposal to ensure this."

Remember, remember, on the 5th November...
You must be over 18 to buy fireworks
It is illegal to possess fireworks in a public place if you're under 18
It is an offence to throw or discharge a firework in a street or public place
If you let off fireworks between 11pm and 7am, you will be breaking the law (except on Bonfire Night when it extends to midnight)
Don't forget your pets! Keep them safe indoors

Message sent by
Community Connect Team (C1174, Admin, Northamptonshire Police)
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

Lyn Childs
12:26pm Nov 6
Hoax warning – PDS postal scam 04/11/2011 20:18:30

Hoax warning – PDS postal scam

Messages are circulating on the internet and via e-mail regarding an alleged scam. It involves a card being posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service)which suggests they were unable to deliver a parcel and you should contact them on 0906 6611911 (a premium rate number).

It is a hoax and the information contained in it is not true. If you receive this information please ignore it.

For more information please click on the following Crimestoppers website link: http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/fraud/t ... e-65455465

Message sent by
Community Connect Team (C1174, Admin, Northamptonshire Police)
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

Lyn Childs
12:30pm Nov 6
I have details of a tack theft/yard break which occurred between 17:00 hrs on 30th October and 06:30 hrs on 31 October 2011 at a yard in the Culworth area of South Northants. Tack and gardening equipment were taken;

1 x unbranded brown race saddle, 3 x brown unbranded exercise saddles, 2 x Albion Brown event saddles, 1 x brown hunting saddle, 7 x exercise girths, 3 x brown leather race bridles, 4 x brown leather exercise bridles, a set of lister horse clippers, a drill and Stihl petrol chainsaw/strimmer and hedgecutter which have small yellow stickers "F N Pile & Son").

There was also an attempt break to a tack room in the Eydon area on 21st to 22nd October 2011.

Regards

Claire

PC 243 Claire Salmon | Rural Crime Officer | Community Safety

Tel: 101 | Extn 8348 |Mobex 776279

CAMPBELL SQUARE POLICE STATION|UPPER MOUNTS |NORTHAMPTON |NORTHAMPTONSHIRE |NN1 3EL