Hello Everyone

PLEASE NOTE - IF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS DOES NOT WORK, YOU WON'T GET THE LINK TO CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT

Tackroom Gossip (TG) is BACK !!

If you need somewhere to advertise your business, online shop, animals for sale, referral links to websites, it's here. You can post here for free, no charge. Times are hard enough for all of us and if me offering this to you can help you, yippee!

If you need somewhere to vent and let off steam about anything horsey, or non-horsey, please feel free to and know that even if we can't actually help, we will try to understand and be there virtually for you.
It's important to Keep Talking, to anyone, just keep that communication going.

This "cost of living crisis" is getting to all of us, the media are constantly going on about prices rising, bills rising, jobs lost etc. It's all doom and gloom.
Spot a good deal somewhere ? Please share it with us.
Found a yummy recipe online that doesn't cost the earth to make ? We'll try it.

Any problems logging in, please reply to this email and I'll get you sorted out.

Thank you
Trish (admin for Tracing Equines and Tackroom Gossip)
www.tracingequines.co.uk

Darcy, 15hh, bay mare. Freezemark - D61J

The topics in this section are by members who no longer have a working email address on the forum.
If you need to change your email address, please get in touch with us and we can sort this out for you.
Forum rules
The topics in this section are by members who no longer have a working email address on the forum.
If you need to change your email address, please get in touch with us and we can sort this out for you.
ChantelSantana

Darcy, 15hh, bay mare. Freezemark - D61J

Post by ChantelSantana »

Sold at Melton Mowbray Horse sales approx. 6 years ago, as 'Darcy'. She had a booklet of information about her with her detailing everything she had done and owners contact information - sadly sold due to job loss and owner was pursuaded to take her to Melton.

Darcy was freezemarked D61J, and when traced by old owner was actually found to be Belle Bridgette, Irish TB mare born 1988, with a stable name of Rosie who was never meant to be sold on, hence she lost her identity and picked up a new one as weatherbs were never informed of the freezemark.

Very pretty mare with no white markings although a slight cresent moon shape has previously been visible on her forehead. Very pretty Arab looking mare (links to photos are at bottom of post).

Darcy was sold with a Pet ID passport, however this had no year of birth and has also never been re-registered to another owner. Farmkey have also never received a request for a change of ownership and I have checked with weatherbys who have received no information since her racing career (1 race in 1992!).

She was a very loving mare, who had done a lot of natural horsemanship work as was spooky when old owner got her. Old owner would really like to know what happened to her so any information appreciated.

We have found a Darcy of unknown age for sale in Scotland with a dealer, if anyone is in the area I'd appreciate keeping an eye out for her postcode KY15 area - near Ladybank.
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Re: D61J 15hh / 15.1hh Bay Mare

Post by TracingEquines »

Equine Details - DARCY
Date of Birth
Gender Female
Colour Bay
Height 152cm (15hh)
Breed IRISH THOROUGHBRED
Submitted by Pet-ID Equine
(ID Passports do not include Pedigree)
Birth Country Not supplied by PIO

When did you last check with Farmkey ? They might have had an update since then

Which dealer/website is selling her ? Have you rung them and asked about her ?
ChantelSantana

Re: Darcy, 15hh, bay mare. Freezemark - D61J

Post by ChantelSantana »

I rang farmkey this morning but they confirmed that they'd contact the old owner if anyone tried to register her, she'll be rising 22 now though. The dealer is called Paul Pranderson, I had sent a text to them just enquiring about freezemark but think I'll ring now and see if they'll talk to me, she's listed on equibuys but if it is her they'll probably not be pleased to hear from me as they believe she's early teens :?

She was sold through Melton for a lot of money especially for a TB which suggests she went to a private home, so hopefully someone's come accross her.
ChantelSantana

Re: Darcy, 15hh, bay mare. Freezemark - D61J

Post by ChantelSantana »

****Update:

I've just clicked on from the dealers response to me being "You must have the wrong number", reading about how he was meant to have stopped trading, and the fact my emails to this website kept bouncing back that this site went out of business 2006 / 2007!!!

I think the link below may be an advert for her, if anyone bought a horse from a Paul Anderson (advertised as Paul Pranderson) Braeside Equestrian Centre in Scotland (please don't confuse with the other in Kent area that I know nothing about!) around that time may have seen her. Im going to try and track down the people who ran the site and see if there may be any chance they have the photo's to the ad:

http://www.equibuys.com/cgi-bin/viewAdv ... Bay%20Mare