Hello Everyone

PLEASE NOTE - IF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS DOES NOT WORK, YOU WON'T GET THE LINK TO CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT

Tackroom Gossip (TG) is BACK !!

If you need somewhere to advertise your business, online shop, animals for sale, referral links to websites, it's here. You can post here for free, no charge. Times are hard enough for all of us and if me offering this to you can help you, yippee!

If you need somewhere to vent and let off steam about anything horsey, or non-horsey, please feel free to and know that even if we can't actually help, we will try to understand and be there virtually for you.
It's important to Keep Talking, to anyone, just keep that communication going.

This "cost of living crisis" is getting to all of us, the media are constantly going on about prices rising, bills rising, jobs lost etc. It's all doom and gloom.
Spot a good deal somewhere ? Please share it with us.
Found a yummy recipe online that doesn't cost the earth to make ? We'll try it.

Any problems logging in, please reply to this email and I'll get you sorted out.

Thank you
Trish (admin for Tracing Equines and Tackroom Gossip)
www.tracingequines.co.uk

Devon, 16.2hh, bay mare

All adverts in this section have photos added.
Forum rules
28 January 2018
Please send photos for your adverts to admin@tracingequines.co.uk , don't forget to include your horse's name so the photos get added to the correct advert :)
emmaapple25

Devon, 16.2hh, bay mare

Post by emmaapple25 »

Devon
Height: 16.2hh
Colour: Bay
Sex: Mare

Description:
Hi, im looking for some history on Devon. She is a gorgeous, kind natured mare who we think is about 30 years old. She was bought 15 years ago from a dealer in Plymouth who told her owner she was an ex police horse. She is branded on her neck and near hind (you can just make it out in the picture) which i have researched and found her to be Bavarian Warmblood. There are numbers under the leg brand which are difficult to read and i am going to clip the area to see if that helps, they look like 3's, 5's or 8's!! I have contacted the Bavarian Society with those numbers but they said bearing her age in mind, it was liekly she was bred in Germany and they dont have any records going back that far. As she is branded on her neck she is an eligible mare for breeding so she may of had a foal in the past???

She has been very well schooled in the past and in her day jumped like a stag! She has a very small star and and white snip on her nose. She isnt keen on her rugs being put on or her girth being done up. When anxious or waiting for her feed she shakes her head with her tongue hanging out!! Would love some history on this darling girl!! she has been really well schooled in the past and is a darling to ride. She doesn't like to be at the back when going faster than a walk though and back in the day when jumping she would rather gallop at them than be collected.

The BSJA database comes up with horse that has winnings to its name called Devon Summer Song with similar details
**UPDATE** Devon Summer Song was PTS sometime ago so it isn't her!

(photo hosted on new TE gallery)

18-march-2013 - Still looking for history on Devon
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Re: Devon, 16.2hh, bay mare

Post by TracingEquines »

Bump - Still looking for history on Devon
emmaapple25

Post by emmaapple25 »

Am still looking for history on Devon! She is now approx 33 years old and would love to find some history on her!
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

I would suggest contacting the police horse departments (can't remember correct phrase) but quite a few have shut down and I don't know if any forces would keep records going back to 1996 or earlier.
Can you remember which dealer in Plymouth it was ?
emmaapple25

Post by emmaapple25 »

I find it very doubtful she was a police horse to be honest - she is a diamond and I think it was more of a ploy that the dealer was using the line to sell her. I'm tracking her history on behalf of my friend, she had gone to the dealers to view a different horse and didn't like the one she tried - Devon was standing neglected in a field and she bought her untried there and then as felt so sorry for her.