Hello and welcome to Tracing Equines Happy New Year and here's to a fantastic 2018 for everyone
New Law regarding Microchipping of all Dogs.
From 6 April 2016 Microchipping will be compulsory for all dogs in Scotland, Wales and England.
There are benefits of having you puppy/dog Microchipped which will include:
• Should the dog become lost (or be stolen), is more likely to be returned to you safe and sound.
• All puppies are traceable to their breeder thereby helping reduce the problem of puppy farming and lessening the incidence of infectious disease and inherited defects from which many of these dogs suffer.
• Deterrent to dog theft
• Allows for rapid return, meaning that local authorities are able to emphasise to the dog owners concerned that straying is not acceptable, the intention being that this education will lesson the likelihood of a dog straying again and reinforce the responsibilities of the owners under the Animal Welfare Act 2006
• Easier identification and subsequent arrests of owners culpable of animal cruelty
• Enables veterinary surgeons to contact dog owners for emergency procedures
• Allows identification of dogs in properties in emergency situations so that dogs can be moved and reunited more quickly
For further information in relation to the new law regarding Microchipping of all dogs, visit the following website:
Dogs Trust, RSPCA
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest