Hello Everyone

PLEASE NOTE - IF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS DOES NOT WORK, YOU WON'T GET THE LINK TO CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT

Tackroom Gossip (TG) is BACK !!

If you need somewhere to advertise your business, online shop, animals for sale, referral links to websites, it's here. You can post here for free, no charge. Times are hard enough for all of us and if me offering this to you can help you, yippee!

If you need somewhere to vent and let off steam about anything horsey, or non-horsey, please feel free to and know that even if we can't actually help, we will try to understand and be there virtually for you.
It's important to Keep Talking, to anyone, just keep that communication going.

This "cost of living crisis" is getting to all of us, the media are constantly going on about prices rising, bills rising, jobs lost etc. It's all doom and gloom.
Spot a good deal somewhere ? Please share it with us.
Found a yummy recipe online that doesn't cost the earth to make ? We'll try it.

Any problems logging in, please reply to this email and I'll get you sorted out.

Thank you
Trish (admin for Tracing Equines and Tackroom Gossip)
www.tracingequines.co.uk

Collecting used postage stamps for charities

A general chat board for anything that is not horse related
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Collecting used postage stamps for charities

Post by TracingEquines »

I've got a few stamps from christmas cards this year and a large envelope somewhere in the spare room, only moved in here 6 months ago and still not fully unpacked all the clutter, lol.

I posted on the facebook page asking - Does anyone know of any horse charities or animal charities that are collecting used postage stamps to raise funds ?

The following places have been mentioned

Bransby Horses (was Bransby Home of Rest for Horses) - https://bransbyhorses.co.uk/get-involved/donate/
(link updated 21-nov-17)

People’s Dispensary for Sick Animals (PDSA) - https://www.pdsa.org.uk/get-involved/fu ... e-for-pdsa
(link updated 12-nov-15)

Redwings Horse Sanctuary - https://www.redwings.org.uk/fundraising
(link updated 12-nov-15)

Remus Memorial Horse Sanctuary - http://www.remussanctuary.org/page/recycling

Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) - http://www.rnib.org.uk/donations-and-fu ... mps-appeal

21-nov-17 = HMSA (hypermobility) link removed
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Re: Collecting used postage stamps for charities

Post by TracingEquines »

DCD Philatelics pays cash for used postage stamps. You can keep this money or donate it to charity.
I would have posted this in the "Earn more money" section but I don't feel that it would be a big earner unless you get a lot of stamps.

Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/DCDPhilatelics/
Link to facebook post - https://www.facebook.com/DCDPhilatelics ... 5935228941

I am looking to purchase what is known as Kiloware, which put simply is a complete stamp (or postage label) torn off mail and saved in an accumulation and weighed by the kilo. Ordinarily, stamps should normally be left on the backing paper, with a border of about 4mm to 8mm left around the stamp. I am currently paying £6 per Kilogram with payments on a pro-rata basis for smaller quantities - any quantity will be accepted no matter how small.

If you are a registered charity, I can currently offer you the following two options:

Self collection
You collect the stamps and then post them in to me. You will then receive a cheque payment (or paypal) at the end of the month based on the weight of the stamps received (inclusive of envelope weight). Any postage costs incurred in sending stamps to me will also be refunded to you with the payment. Local collection is also available upon request.

Managed collection - by DCD Philatelics
Have your donors/supporters send stamps direct to us by simply adding the following address underneath your charity name and number -

DCD Philatelics,
45 Wiltshire Lane,
Pinner,
Middlesex,
HA5 2LY

This can be used on all your correspondence, newsletters, websites etc . You will then receive a cheque (or paypal) at the end of the month based on the weight of all stamps received (inclusive of envelope weight).

In order to join, you simply have to send me an email to confirm your charity name, charity number, the name and address to which payments should be sent, and also confirm whether you wish to opt for Self Collection or Managed Collection

If you are a company or an individual, don't worry, you too can also join. Simply send me an email to confirm the name to which payments should be made out to (this can be an individual, a company, or a charity of your choice), and the address to where payments should be sent. You will then be issued with a unique collectors reference number by return - this will need to be clearly marked on the envelope of every lot sent in to me to ensure that payment is issued correctly.

Monthly payments will commence once the first batch of stamps are received. Payments are issued on the last working day of the month, but will be subject to a cut off date of 21st of every month (meaning that any stamps received on or after the 21st of the month will be paid the following month).

If you have any questions, please contact me = dcdstamps AT aol.co.uk

Updated 12 nov 15 at 14-52 = DCD Philatelics = Just to confirm that I pay £8.50 per kilo, and also reimburse the postage costs incurred in sending the stamps to me
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

Good afternoon, and Happy New Year!

I hope that you are all well.

I am writing to provide an update on how 2015 panned out, and also outline my the offering for 2016,

Despite a late flurry of activity on the stamp front, we unfortunately did not receive the targeted volume of 260kg over the course of 2015 (231kg received), which of course means that the tier one bonus from 2015 will not be paid. On the flip side, payments totalling over £1970 were still paid out during 2015 - this brings the payments made since July 2013 up to over £4600, which is outstanding!! A huge thank you to everyone who has, and who continues to support the scheme.

As a result of coming up short on the tier one target, I have been busy working with my purchasers in order to come up with a proposition that is both financially attractive/rewarding to the donors/charities, and sustainable.
My offering for 2016 is therefore as follows:

• Kiloware will continue to be purchased at £8.50 per kilo with postage costs also reimbursed.

• 50kg Bonus Pots - £3.00 Bonus Payment to everyone who contributes towards every 50kg of stamps over the course of the year**

• Individual Bonus Targets - £5.00 bonus payment to everyone who contributes 5kg or more over the course of the year**

• Group first tier target - The target is set at 260kg for the year. If achieved, a £6.00 payment will be made to everyone who actively contributes (by sending in stamps during 2016)**

• Group second tier target - This is designed to directly reward based on your individual contribution. I have set a target of 500kg of stamps, and will be setting aside a minimum bonus pot of £500. Should this be achieved, the bonus pot will be paid out based on your percentage contribution of all stamps received during 2016**

• Referral bonus - if you know of any individual, company, or good cause that would like to sign up and assist, then ask them to get in touch with me. I am offering a £6.00 Referral Bonus to existing sign ups for every new sign up who cites them as the referrer. The £6.00 payment would issued once the new sign up has sent in stamps totalling 1kg or more. There is no limit to the number of referrals you can make**

**All Bonuses will be payable at the end of 2016.

Should you have any questions regarding this proposition, please do not hesitate to ask.

Finally, I thought would use this opportunity just to recap on a number of points that will help with the reduction of lost revenue. As mentioned previously, the more money I can save from being needlessly lost, the more I will be able to pay out .

a) The re-use of postage stamps for postage when sending stamps to me will not be tolerated.
This practise not only draws negative lines of enquiry about what sort of operation I am running and whom I am working with, (from Royal Mail) but can also attract fees/fines from revenue protection. I should also highlight that buyers at the back end are also not interested in purchasing such sealed lots with re-used stamps, as it is seen as a indicator of poor material inside - If I can't sell, I can't buy! Therefore, should stamps be received where stamps have been re-used for postage, the postage costs will not be reimbursed to you. Should this occur, you will be notified at the point of receipt and provided with an image of the re-used stamps for reference. In addition, should any fees be applied by Royal Mail as a direct result of stamps having been re-used, these will be deducted, along with an administration fee of £1.00 (for my time) from any payment due to you.

b) Genuine under payment of postage experienced when sending stamps to me will continue to be dealt with on a case by case basis. In the event of a perceived underpayment from Royal Mail, you will be notified at the point of receipt, and guidance will be provided on how best to avoid a re-occurrence. Any fees incurred will be absorbed by DCD Philatelics, and postage costs incurred when sending the stamps to me will still be reimbursed to you as normal. I will however reserve the right to re-charge fees for underpayment where there are continued repeat occurrences. A final notification will be provided prior to this taking effect.

c) Payment via PayPal is now available. Should you wish to receive your payment quicker, and without the need of a trip to the bank, I can now offer to make payments to you via PayPal. Should this be of interest to you, please contact me.

d) Packages of stamps containing an excessive amount of pet hair, or which have a strong odour of cigarette smoke will not be purchased. Quality control checks will be undertaken at the point of receipt, and should an issue arise, you will be notified immediately. Stamps will then be disposed of unless return is requested by the sender. Payment of return postage will be required.

Should you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask.

Take care

Darren
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

I don't know if DCD Philatelics are still collecting stamps so I've asked them and will let you know.

I've put a post on the TE and MCC facebook pages asking where still collect stamps.

I'll be adding all names to this post so they will all get their details posted :)

I still have no idea where to send mine to.
IminatiSib

-

Post by IminatiSib »

I would, but im not sure who should have been dumped out during the past 4-5 weeks.

I suppose I could give them a stay of execution and invite everyone accross?

Opinions folks.