Hello Everyone

PLEASE NOTE - IF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS DOES NOT WORK, YOU WON'T GET THE LINK TO CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT

Tackroom Gossip (TG) is BACK !!

If you need somewhere to advertise your business, online shop, animals for sale, referral links to websites, it's here. You can post here for free, no charge. Times are hard enough for all of us and if me offering this to you can help you, yippee!

If you need somewhere to vent and let off steam about anything horsey, or non-horsey, please feel free to and know that even if we can't actually help, we will try to understand and be there virtually for you.
It's important to Keep Talking, to anyone, just keep that communication going.

This "cost of living crisis" is getting to all of us, the media are constantly going on about prices rising, bills rising, jobs lost etc. It's all doom and gloom.
Spot a good deal somewhere ? Please share it with us.
Found a yummy recipe online that doesn't cost the earth to make ? We'll try it.

Any problems logging in, please reply to this email and I'll get you sorted out.

Thank you
Trish (admin for Tracing Equines and Tackroom Gossip)
www.tracingequines.co.uk

My back garden

A general chat board for anything that is not horse related
TracingEquines
Site Admin

My back garden

Post by TracingEquines »

I went and got some bulbs for the garden today. Job for tomoro is to put them in pots with compost and then outside and wait and see what happens next year :)

Green pot - Dwarf Daffodil, Tete a Tete

Pot 1 - Tulip (red/white)
Pot 2 - Crocus (purple/white)
Pot 3 - Fritillaria (woodland)
Pot 4 - Anemone (red/white)
Pot 5 - Chionodoxa (purple/white)
Pot 6 - Brodiaea (woodland)

Still to plant in the next couple of months

Purple & White Combination Pack
3. Anemone

Red & White Combination Pack
3. Allium

Woodland Combination Pack
3. Triteleia

Hollyhock Halo Mixed
Nigella, Persian Jewels, late flowers collection
Sweet Pea, Fragrantissima, cottage garden collection
TackroomGossip

Re: Bought some bulbs for the garden

Post by TackroomGossip »

Things aren't going too great at the moment. We've had a lot of wind and rain.
The daffodils haven't got buds on yet
The crocus has flowered and then withered when the rain hit it.
There's the start of a purple bud on one so that might be the chionodoxa but i have to check which pot number it is.
Two pots just look like long grass and weeds at the moment

It was probably a bad idea but I was in B&M yesterday and just happened to buy a small cherry tree, pot and compost.
I haven't a clue what I'm doing but I wanted a tree or bush to make up for the back hedge getting taken out last autumn

Edit to add =
Fruit Trees, Cherry Tree, Rheinische Schattenmorelle, Prunus cerasus, Sour cherry
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Re: Bought some bulbs for the garden

Post by TracingEquines »

The Cherry Tree is going ok
The daffodils came up lovely, now died
The tulips looked fantastic, I did get a photo of these :)
The crocus has flowered and then withered when the rain hit it.
The Anemone had one or two buds and then died
I planted one thing which turn out to be Allium instead, it got a few flowers on it but nothing special

I've now got a bird table up and a bird feeding stations and the birds love it. There are sparrows, starlings, pigeons and crows coming every day.
It can get expensive feeding them so here's a quick list of where could be the best value places to buy bird food from (if you have these shops local to you)
Poundstretcher / B&M , 6 fat balls = 49p
Poundland, 1.85kg seed = £1-00
B&M , 90g Mealworms = 99p
B&M , 400g peanuts = 99p
B&M , 500g suet+mealworm = 99p
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Re: My back garden

Post by TracingEquines »

I've had a busy week this week. We were meant to be getting the roof sorted next week but its got cancelled now.

Monday = Mowed the front garden ready for the skip to go on it
Tuesday = Cleared under the side hedge so it looks much tidier
Wednesday = The plants in tubs had all died off so the bulbs got taken out and all the compost put into a large green box ready to re-use
Thursday = Bribed 3 council workers with many thank yous and a can of energy drink each, to take away the rest of the front hedge that I had chopped down earlier. Then I tidied the rest of it away into the green garden bin
Friday (today) = Borrowed spade from next door and Other Half helped me to dig out the old washing line post out and we planted the cherry tree in the hole.