Hello Everyone

PLEASE NOTE - IF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS DOES NOT WORK, YOU WON'T GET THE LINK TO CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT

Tackroom Gossip (TG) is BACK !!

If you need somewhere to advertise your business, online shop, animals for sale, referral links to websites, it's here. You can post here for free, no charge. Times are hard enough for all of us and if me offering this to you can help you, yippee!

If you need somewhere to vent and let off steam about anything horsey, or non-horsey, please feel free to and know that even if we can't actually help, we will try to understand and be there virtually for you.
It's important to Keep Talking, to anyone, just keep that communication going.

This "cost of living crisis" is getting to all of us, the media are constantly going on about prices rising, bills rising, jobs lost etc. It's all doom and gloom.
Spot a good deal somewhere ? Please share it with us.
Found a yummy recipe online that doesn't cost the earth to make ? We'll try it.

Any problems logging in, please reply to this email and I'll get you sorted out.

Thank you
Trish (admin for Tracing Equines and Tackroom Gossip)
www.tracingequines.co.uk

Changes to Dangerous Dogs Act

A general chat board for anything that is not horse related
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Changes to Dangerous Dogs Act

Post by TracingEquines »

Dogwatch No. 995
Combating Rural Crime

1. CHANGES TO THE DANGEROUS DOGS ACT

On 13th May 2014 the amended Dangerous Dogs Act came into effect in England and Wales.

This law applies to all dog owners no matter what size or breed the dog is. You might be interested to look at the advice that has been sent out:-

What is changing on 13th May 2014?

The act now covers incidents on private property in addition to public spaces. This includes your own house, any driveway and both front and back gardens.
Police or an appointed local authority now has powers to seize a dog which is dangerously out of control dog in a private place. The previous legislation only covered public places.

It will now be an offence for your dog to attack an assistance dog (Guide Dog, Hearing Dog etc). Prison sentences will be increased for those convicted of some offences.

What if my dog attacks an intruder on my premise?

The new legislation outlines that a householder will not be prosecuted under the Dangerous Dog Act 1991 should their dog attack a trespasser that has entered or is in the process of entering their home.

If I own a dog what do I need to do?

Ensure your gardens are made safe and secure so that your dog cannot get out.
Consider how to keep delivery drivers or unexpected visitors safe on your property and ensure that any visitor can safely access your front door without encountering your dog.

Manage your dog when someone knocks and make sure that your dog is fully under control before you open the front door.

Don’t let your dog jump up at strangers. What you consider to be your dog being friendly by jumping up at visitors may be seen as threatening behaviour by a stranger.

2. MICRO CHIPPING

From 6th April 2016, all dogs must be micro chipped. The Dog Trust has set aside £6 million pounds to cover the cost fro free micro chipping. Their website gives details of the veterinary surgeries closest to you that offer free micro chipping subsidised by the Dog Trust. The website is www.chipmydog.org.uk