Hello Everyone

PLEASE NOTE - IF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS DOES NOT WORK, YOU WON'T GET THE LINK TO CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT

Tackroom Gossip (TG) is BACK !!

If you need somewhere to advertise your business, online shop, animals for sale, referral links to websites, it's here. You can post here for free, no charge. Times are hard enough for all of us and if me offering this to you can help you, yippee!

If you need somewhere to vent and let off steam about anything horsey, or non-horsey, please feel free to and know that even if we can't actually help, we will try to understand and be there virtually for you.
It's important to Keep Talking, to anyone, just keep that communication going.

This "cost of living crisis" is getting to all of us, the media are constantly going on about prices rising, bills rising, jobs lost etc. It's all doom and gloom.
Spot a good deal somewhere ? Please share it with us.
Found a yummy recipe online that doesn't cost the earth to make ? We'll try it.

Any problems logging in, please reply to this email and I'll get you sorted out.

Thank you
Trish (admin for Tracing Equines and Tackroom Gossip)
www.tracingequines.co.uk

Microsoft will NOT call you about your computer

A general chat board for anything that is not horse related
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Microsoft will NOT call you about your computer

Post by TracingEquines »

This morning I received an email allegedly from one of our Sussex Horse Watch members who lives near Battle, upon opening it I recognised that yet again someone has had their address book “Hi-Jacked” because there was a link on it to a www address. I deleted the message then later on I received an email from the person whose address book had be got at, it read.

Dear Everyone

The drama continues. This time a scammer called claiming to be from Microsoft. After uninstalling Norton 360 from my laptop and eventually asking for money, they then accessed my address book and sent out junk mail purporting to be from myself.
If anyone of you received it, please disregard it.

I received a message this afternoon warning me about this scam, it read.

If you get a call from an Indian allegedly calling from Microsoft or Microsoft Support or Microsoft Maintenance about a virus your PC has, PLEASE JUST HANG UP THE PHONE.

The scam is that they are very believable and talk you through allowing them to take over your PC, and then either install a virus or a virus scanner.
This is either chargeable at the time, or later to remove the virus.
You of course will need to pay to have the virus removed or for the virus scanner, in either case they will ask for your card details, and possibly your driver’s licence to make sure they can identify you again.
The only people who could possibly marry up your computers internet address to your phone number are your ISP - Internet Provider.
No one else can do this and your ISP does not sell anti-virus or similar, and certainly won’t sell your phone number and network details.

So please take note and put the phone down to anyone who says your PC has a virus. One last thing, these people are very believable and chat to you, this can convince older people that they are genuine, so please warn your neighbours if they are elderly"

I have to confess that I have received over 20 telephone calls from Asian people, both male and female, purporting to be from Microsoft, I just tell them that I do not have a computer and they always hang up.

Please remember "YOU GET NOTHING FOR NOTHING", except my messages.

Phillip
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Re: Microsoft will NOT call you about your computer

Post by TracingEquines »

14 January 2015

This is a message sent via Cumbria community messaging. This information has been sent on behalf of Cumbria Police

Message sent by Sue Jamieson (Police , Sergeant, Brampton (N))

I have been asked by a CCM member to circulate another scam professing to be from Microsoft Windows and asking for personal details to access your computer remotely.
This scam has been on the go for some time but it is worthy of a timely reminder. I have also received such calls from a very persistent caller, in fact they phoned me back three times after I politely terminated the call. They claim that your computer has a virus and is sending error messages to Microsoft but they could sort the problems remotely by accessing your computer, However once they have access, your whole system is open to them. Please do not give out any personal details to anyone over the phone, legitimate companies will not cold call in such circumstances.