Hello Everyone

PLEASE NOTE - IF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS DOES NOT WORK, YOU WON'T GET THE LINK TO CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT

Tackroom Gossip (TG) is BACK !!

If you need somewhere to advertise your business, online shop, animals for sale, referral links to websites, it's here. You can post here for free, no charge. Times are hard enough for all of us and if me offering this to you can help you, yippee!

If you need somewhere to vent and let off steam about anything horsey, or non-horsey, please feel free to and know that even if we can't actually help, we will try to understand and be there virtually for you.
It's important to Keep Talking, to anyone, just keep that communication going.

This "cost of living crisis" is getting to all of us, the media are constantly going on about prices rising, bills rising, jobs lost etc. It's all doom and gloom.
Spot a good deal somewhere ? Please share it with us.
Found a yummy recipe online that doesn't cost the earth to make ? We'll try it.

Any problems logging in, please reply to this email and I'll get you sorted out.

Thank you
Trish (admin for Tracing Equines and Tackroom Gossip)
www.tracingequines.co.uk

Frankie (Solomon), 15.1hh, Appaloosa X gelding

Some adverts have a happy ending, others are not good news hence the name change from Success Stories to something slightly more appropriate
justinew5651

Frankie (Solomon), 15.1hh, Appaloosa X gelding

Post by justinew5651 »

Frankie (Solomon), 15.1hh, Gelding, Appaloosa Cross, 4.5 YO. Info required is possible...

Hello, I was just wondering if you could help me try and find out some more info on my horse. His previous owners won't give me anymore info, they said they don't know where he was bred. I would love to find out his Dam and Sire. He was registered with the Gypsy Cob Society when I brought him, which then changed to the Lipizzaner Stud Book Association now. He's called Frankie on his passport, his everyday name is Solomon. UELN: 826068D00015002, DOB: April/May 2009. Appaloosa cross Cob. Apparently the Dam was a Cob and Sire was the Appaloosa Stud. Bred by Mr. Evans. I've never found Mr Evans, I've asked all previous owners and tried to track people down but no one has any information Was just wondering if you could find anymore info if possible?
I'm thinking of showing him this year and it would help for national classes to know his Dam and Sire, any information would be great?
Thank you.
Justine :D

More photos here - https://www.facebook.com/justine.walker ... 149&type=1
(album is set to friends only)

15 feb 2018 - 4 photos removed
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Re: Frankie (Solomon), 15.1hh, Gelding, Appaloosa Cross, 4.5 YO. Info required is possible...

Post by TracingEquines »

Who did you buy him from ?
In what year ?
From where in the UK ?

Where do his previous owners live .. what part of UK ?

Is there any clues in passport as to where Mr Evans lives ?
justinew5651

Re: Frankie (Solomon), 15.1hh, Gelding, Appaloosa Cross, 4.5 YO. Info required is possible...

Post by justinew5651 »

Hello,
Brought him from a lady called Chris (Christine) in Feckenham/Redditch (Worcestershire) on 28th September 2012.

I couldn't find Mr. Evans. His address is in the passport as: Mr Evans,Top Farm, West Street, Chipping Norton, Oxon (Oxfordshire). There's no such place on West Street... I've sent various letters, recorded post, Fedex ect. I was informed the address doesn't exist.

He was registered with the Gypsy Cob Society but they had their licensing taken off them so I'm not sure what happened. That's why the Lipizzaner Society took over?

Hope this helps?

Justine
justinew5651

Post by justinew5651 »

Gypsy Cob Society - no longer a horse passport issuing organisation 26/10/2010
LG Regulation advised local authorities in September 2010 that the Gypsy Cob Society is no longer recognised by Defra as a passport issuing organisation, so cannot issue or update horse passports.

This is due to the dissolution of the Gypsy Cob Society Ltd's, (GCS Ltd) legal personality. Part of the conditions under which a breed society or passport issuing organisation is recognised by Defra, is the existence of a legal personality registered with Companies House. As the GCS Ltd no longer exists, the GCS is no longer recognised by Defra.

Passports issued or updated before 25 October 2010 will remain valid.

The Lipizzaner National Stud Book Association of Great Britain will maintain existing passports issued by the Gypsy Cob Society. All enquiries should be addressed to: chairman John Goddard-Fenwick, Cilyblaidd Manor, Pencarreg, Near Lampeter, SA40 PQL Tel: 01570 480090. info@lipizzaner.org.uk

Any enquiries for Defra’s Horse Passport Team should be addressed to Michael Weavers, 9 Millbank, c/o Defra 17 Smith Square, London SW1P 3JR. Tel: 020 7 238 6039, email michael.weavers@defra.gsi.gov.uk

Susie Child
Policy Officer
susie.child@local.gov.uk
020 7665 3863
Back

© 2014 LG Regulation | Disclaimer | Accessibility | Investor in People | Customer Service Excellence
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

Hiya, I'll get photos added on shortly.

Cuffey has found the place on a map, it does exist :) but its not in Royal Mail, the postcode is OX7 6TT
Link - http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=42 ... &A=Y&Z=115
justinew5651

Post by justinew5651 »

Thank you. :)

Oh woow! I'll look into it, thank you. X
justinew5651

Re: Frankie (Solomon), 15.1hh, Appaloosa X gelding

Post by justinew5651 »

Bump
justinew5651

Re: Frankie (Solomon), 15.1hh, Appaloosa X gelding

Post by justinew5651 »

bump

Still no luck trying to find Mr Evan :(