Hello Everyone

PLEASE NOTE - IF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS DOES NOT WORK, YOU WON'T GET THE LINK TO CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT

Tackroom Gossip (TG) is BACK !!

If you need somewhere to advertise your business, online shop, animals for sale, referral links to websites, it's here. You can post here for free, no charge. Times are hard enough for all of us and if me offering this to you can help you, yippee!

If you need somewhere to vent and let off steam about anything horsey, or non-horsey, please feel free to and know that even if we can't actually help, we will try to understand and be there virtually for you.
It's important to Keep Talking, to anyone, just keep that communication going.

This "cost of living crisis" is getting to all of us, the media are constantly going on about prices rising, bills rising, jobs lost etc. It's all doom and gloom.
Spot a good deal somewhere ? Please share it with us.
Found a yummy recipe online that doesn't cost the earth to make ? We'll try it.

Any problems logging in, please reply to this email and I'll get you sorted out.

Thank you
Trish (admin for Tracing Equines and Tackroom Gossip)
www.tracingequines.co.uk

Leo (Woody, Woodstock Wondering Star), 13.2hh-14.2hh, bay gelding

Some adverts have a happy ending, others are not good news hence the name change from Success Stories to something slightly more appropriate
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Leo (Woody, Woodstock Wondering Star), 13.2hh-14.2hh, bay gelding

Post by TracingEquines »

A New Forest X pony that I owned from when he was 14 months old. At a guess he would be about 5 or 6 now.

I bought him as a colt from a teenager who owned his mum who unexpectantly foaled. Unfortunately although the teenager loved him a lot he was in poor condition and weak when i purchased him.

I brought him back up to a healthy weight and condition, had him gelded, passported and did very basic training with him where he was always quiet, amenable and very well behaved. I then sold him on to what i believed was going to be his forever home.

That home didn't have him for long before she sold him on. Shortly after she purchased him she did phone to say he had developed slipping stifles on both sides and would be having a operation on them. She did keep me updated and said the operation on one side was successful but i don't know about the other side.

Another girl wrote to me to say that she now had Woody passport name: Woodstock Wondering Star. and offered to sell him back to me at a ridiculous price. I wrote back to her (but was not prepared to pay that for him and did not want a newly backed youngster) but did not hear anything else.

Recently i saw him up for sale AGAIN. Poor pony. Before i could get any info from the ad he was sold.

I would love to know how he is and what he is up to - I would love to know that he is ok as he was such a sweet horse with not a bad bone in his body!

His mum was a palomino NF who his teenage owner bought from travellers so Woody is a NF x but no-one knows what the x is with. I am concerned that i had seen him advertised as a Hackney x. He is definitely not a hackney x and i fear that his stifles might be causing a problem that a new owner won't know about.

To simply know he is ok would be enough!
jasper123

Re: Leo (Woody, Woodstock Wondering Star), 13.2hh-14.2hh, bay gelding

Post by jasper123 »

Hi Sarah

Ive just read this post Im the lady that brought Leo of you , dont mean to be funny but i actually paid for him to be gelded if you dont remember and while i had him he was look after and left me in excellent top condition . you dont have to worry about his legs as i got both of them done at the time as he had problems with his petella my vet did a tiny op to correct both of them and he left me fit heathly and really well i actually broke him in but unfortanly he didnt make the height i wanted only 13.2 hh and it was such a hard decision as i loved him lots i actually swaped him not sold him with a tb mare that my friend had that had just come out of racing and was in a real bad way half dead she is 16hh but she is fine now .
Anyway my friend had him for a while and she did sell him on to who she thought was a good home to someone in kettering that wrote to me also and said that he was doing well ect and that is the last i know about his whereabouts .
Im sorry to hear about Leo being sold on again and where did you see him advertised? i didnt know about this and if id seen the ad i would have brought him as he was a sweet and cute pony like you said not a bad bone in his body he was so good to break in as well if you get any info on him could you let us know thanks .
I will now keep my eyes peeled as well at any sale ads. regards
jasper123

Post by jasper123 »

the reason i think he might be adverstied as a Hackeny x is because when i had him he devloped and ended up with this quite high stepping action when he trotted out and when he run round his paddock everyone on my yard commented about it and would ask if he had Hackney in him .which i think there might have been a possabilty
laceyfreckle

Post by laceyfreckle »

Hi, Yes you did pay for Woody to be gelded, as I had advertised him for sale as a colt that could be gelded while still at mine, at cost. I put I 'had him gelded' simply because he had been gelded while still at mine and that I had put earlier in the paragraph that I had bought him as a colt. I wanted to put across that i am looking for a gelding not a colt. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm not suggesting that you didn't look after him well or didn't have good intentions but after we lost contact the only contact I had was from someone who had bought him in apparently fairly poor condition. I don't know how long ago that would have been after you had him. The person who contacted me had not known he had had any stifle operations so that information hadn't been passed on to her and I was concerned about him as my understanding is that once a horse has had stifle problems then even when corrected surgically they still need to be kept fairly fit to prevent further problems.

The ad that I saw for him fairly recently indicating he had been sold on again said that he had been backed by a 15yr old girl so info of you backing him didn't get told to his last owners.

He was such a sweet pony it would just be nice to hear he is getting along well and if he needed a home with a reasonable price I would buy him back if he needed it. When he was offered to me before the girl wanted over £1,500 for him which was just too much bearing in mind his age etc.

The ad that i saw for him was on preloved - I have copy and pasted it here for you - I don't think it is the same girl that contacted me asking me if i'd like to buy him as she said she was finding bringing a youngster on more time consuming/difficult then she had hoped (she had another horse too)

*** REDUCED FOR QUICK SALE DUE TO NEW HORSE ARRIVING***Woodstock Wondering Star ( stable name 'woody'.) Woody is a liver chesnut ( slightly bay also.) hackney x new forest gelding. Woody is a very cute pony who could really go far in the right hands. He was backed by a 15year old girl and honestly never put a foot wrong. He is currently schooling nicely , works on the bit in walk and trot. He is still slightly green and could do with more schooling , though this would just come in day to day riding! He has really nice movement in his legs especially his hind. Could make a fantastic in hand or dressage pony. Woody also loves jumping and is proving to be very scopey and carefull. He is also very quick when you want him to be so would also make fantastic BSJA prospect for the future. Never stopped. He has jumped plain and coloured poles including spreads and courses. He has a very nice nature and is good to do in almost every way. Hes good to catch , with the farrier ( excellent feet , doesn't need any shoes!) , loads , travels very nicely , groom etc. He hasn't got a nasty bone in his body. He hacks out nicely and is good on the road. Although woody is a safe ride he would be better suited to a home where his talent would be used. Please do remember that woody is only 4 and doesn't do every foot perfect but with a little bit more time he would make a cracking show pony. Woody comes with full tack and rugs. Please no timewasters or joy riders , this pony will be sadly missed. £1400. We are open to offers. A nice home is a must have! Call home number in the evenings and mobile during the day , thanks. More photos and videos to follow this evening.
Respond to this Advert Sorry, this advert is now archived and you can no longer respond.

I will let you know if i find out any more and would appreciate you doing likewise

Thanks
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

Equine Details - WOODSTOCK WONDERING STAR
Date of Birth 01-Jul-2006
Gender Male
Colour Bay
Height
Breed NEW FOREST X
Submitted by Pet-ID Equine
(ID Passports do not include Pedigree)
Birth Country Not supplied by PIO

Pet-ID Equine
Tel: 01273 837676
Fax: 01273 837683
www.pet-works.net
info@pet-works.net

His owners might have been updated his passport so worth checking with Pet-ID Equine.

Any photos ?
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

Found the person who was selling Woody I think, !
jasper123

Post by jasper123 »

Hi with regards to Leo's patella problems everything should be ok as my vet assured me that it was very common thing to get in ponys and if they are done at a very young age which he was it does not affect them in later life so there should be no problems with him and if the new owners get to know about it they are allways welcome to contact me and i can tell them about it and put them intouch with my vet who did the op to .

Im was really sad to hear that he lost condition if id know i would never of passed him on.

the advert sounds good so i hope he has now gone to a really good home i would also offer him a home to if the new owners didnt want him anymore im sure oscar my horse who he spent lots of time with would love to have him back in his paddock him and leo would play around alot and they did really get along leo loved oscar . I have some lovely photos of the two of them together aswell.

btw got his colouring wrong from memory and in my photos he was bright bay?

any info of course i would love to know if you think you might of found him please get intouch and let us know his wereabouts .
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

RIP Leo x