Hello Everyone

PLEASE NOTE - IF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS DOES NOT WORK, YOU WON'T GET THE LINK TO CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT

Tackroom Gossip (TG) is BACK !!

If you need somewhere to advertise your business, online shop, animals for sale, referral links to websites, it's here. You can post here for free, no charge. Times are hard enough for all of us and if me offering this to you can help you, yippee!

If you need somewhere to vent and let off steam about anything horsey, or non-horsey, please feel free to and know that even if we can't actually help, we will try to understand and be there virtually for you.
It's important to Keep Talking, to anyone, just keep that communication going.

This "cost of living crisis" is getting to all of us, the media are constantly going on about prices rising, bills rising, jobs lost etc. It's all doom and gloom.
Spot a good deal somewhere ? Please share it with us.
Found a yummy recipe online that doesn't cost the earth to make ? We'll try it.

Any problems logging in, please reply to this email and I'll get you sorted out.

Thank you
Trish (admin for Tracing Equines and Tackroom Gossip)
www.tracingequines.co.uk

How do I add a photo to my advert ?

A general chat board for anything that is not horse related
TracingEquines
Site Admin

How do I add a photo to my advert ?

Post by TracingEquines »

Photos can be posted on this message board in the same way that they are posted on other message boards and forums by using the IMG code.

Code: Select all

[img] . [/img]
You need to upload your photos online first to a website such as facebook or photobucket. There are other sites you can use but I'll stick with these for now.

The size (height/width) of photos does not matter too much at the moment but photos will be changed to a link by Admin if they distort the forum width or if they are too big in KBs.

Facebook

Upload your photo to facebook and then click on it so you are viewing the photo you wish to add to your post on here.

Using your mouse, right click on your photo and then click on COPY IMAGE URL (chrome users) or COPY IMAGE LOCATION (firefox users)

Come to your post on here and right click on the mouse and select PASTE and you should see something like this

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10385384_10203478735185332_4952857404001721443_n.jpg
Then you need to add the IMG tags as shown above .. like this

[img]https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10385384_10203478735185332_4952857404001721443_n.jpg[/img]
Which results in this ...

Meet Elsa, one of our cats.

Things to note

,, Facebook often changes their photo links without notification so your photos may stop showing on the forum
,, You need to make sure that the photo album has privacy set to public and/or the photo itself has its privacy set to public. This is so that people who are not your friends (ie, members of this forum) will be able to still view your photos.
,, I've been told that under 18s only have privacy settings of "friends of friends".

Photobucket

Upload your photo to photobucket and then click on it so you are viewing the photo you wish to add to your post on here.

On the right hand side, you should see box that says "Share this photo". You need to click on the IMG CODE box which will flash yellow and say "copied" briefly.

Then it's the same as above.

You go to your post on here and right click and select PASTE and you should see something like this

[IMG]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g281/trishnwizxx/Wiz_1.jpg[/IMG]
You won't need to add the IMG tags as photobucket does it for you.

Meet Wizard, my old pony.

To upload photos using a mobile device
(information correct as of October 2012)

Have the photo on your phone

Download the Photobucket application - http://photobucket.com/mobile/apps

Create a photobucket account if you don't already have one

Sign In,

Upload image (select image from phone photos, click done, photo will upload)

Click on photo

On Android (mine), press the first button and you get "share media", "view links", download", "edit info", "move", "more"

Press "View links"

This brings up 4 URL codes, press the IMG one and it will show "Copied IMG"

Come on to the forum, click on your topic by pressing "Post a reply" or "Quick Reply"

Click "paste" from your keypad on your phone and the IMG code will appear
(mine is EDIT then PASTE)

Then click Submit

The easy way to add photos

There is an easier way to add photos to your adverts, send your photos to admin@tracingequines.co.uk
Please make sure that you send your photos from the email address registered to your forum account
Be sure to include your username, the name of the horse on your advert and your photos.

I try to add all photos to the Gallery to keep them safe but sometimes I miss them.
If your photo does not have (photo hosted on TE gallery) below it, let me know