Hello Everyone

PLEASE NOTE - IF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS DOES NOT WORK, YOU WON'T GET THE LINK TO CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT

Tackroom Gossip (TG) is BACK !!

If you need somewhere to advertise your business, online shop, animals for sale, referral links to websites, it's here. You can post here for free, no charge. Times are hard enough for all of us and if me offering this to you can help you, yippee!

If you need somewhere to vent and let off steam about anything horsey, or non-horsey, please feel free to and know that even if we can't actually help, we will try to understand and be there virtually for you.
It's important to Keep Talking, to anyone, just keep that communication going.

This "cost of living crisis" is getting to all of us, the media are constantly going on about prices rising, bills rising, jobs lost etc. It's all doom and gloom.
Spot a good deal somewhere ? Please share it with us.
Found a yummy recipe online that doesn't cost the earth to make ? We'll try it.

Any problems logging in, please reply to this email and I'll get you sorted out.

Thank you
Trish (admin for Tracing Equines and Tackroom Gossip)
www.tracingequines.co.uk

Be Safe, Be Seen - Wear Your Hi Viz

Chat about anything and everything to do with horses and the equestrian world.
Forum rules
Chat about anything and everything to do with horses, news, views, your special horse moments, latest antics of naughty ponies, saying hello to everyone, remembering old times, people you used to work with, friends from old yards etc
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Discussion - Hi Viz items

Post by TracingEquines »

Best messages on them ?
Cheapest place to buy them ?
Best value ?

Over to you!
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Re: Discussion - Hi Viz items

Post by TracingEquines »

It was dark at 7pm last night as I was walking home from work. Time to get the hi viz tabard back out to put on my coat. Daft as this sounds, I walk through a well lit-ish area but come the dark nights, I'd still rather stick the hi viz on and look daft to some people but be safe knowing that I'm a bit clearer to traffic in the dark.
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Be Safe, Be Seen - Wear Your Hi Viz

Post by TracingEquines »

Be Safe – Be Seen

Further on from the information on the new British Horse Society website for reporting horse related incidents in the last bulletin, on Monday this week, the day we had the freezing fog, we received a call from a member of the public reporting seeing two riders out hacking on a narrow country lane. Nothing unusual you may think, except the caller was lucky to see them as they were wearing brown jackets, black helmets and riding brown horses – they may have looked
stylish in their riding attire, but with a combination of the fog and their drab coloured clothing they ‘disappeared’ into the brown hedgerows. Neither rider was wearing one stitch of hi-viz clothing – an accident waiting to happen.

Over half of all accidents involving horses occur on minor roads, which are often narrow and twisty. Visibility can be a problem even in bright, sunny conditions and by wearing Hi-Viz gear, luminous and fluorescent, riders can give vehicle drivers a valuable extra three seconds 'reaction time' that can make all the difference in avoiding an accident.

There are numerous Hi-Viz products available for riders, carriages and horses to make them more visible to vehicle drivers. A Hi-Viz tabard should always be worn but other products include leg wraps, exercise sheets, martingale and bridle covers for horses, hat covers, mitts and flashing stirrup lights for riders, while carriage drivers can increase their visibility with a banner across the back of the carriage.

(photo hosted on new TE gallery)

Don’t risk you and your horse’s life - Remember every time you hack out YOU are responsible for your horses safety.
For more information visit http://www.horseaccidents.org.uk

(taken from Suffolk Horsewatch bulletin, 7 Dec 2010)
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Re: Be Safe, Be Seen - Wear Your Hi Viz

Post by TracingEquines »

Dear All

I am totally amazed at the amount of riders still riding out during these dark afternoons without wearing reflective clothing, invariably these riders are on dark coloured horses and wearing dark clothing. Look at the picture below of the rider wearing reflective's, have you noticed the rider on the offside.

If you ride without reflective's at least have some thought for the horse and for the driver who may hit you.

Phillip
Sussex Horsewatch

TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

With thanks to Emily from http://anniehyena.deviantart.com/ for use of images

TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

The days are getting shorter and darker and it is important you are seen on the roads or even if you ride off-road you may need the assisance of emergency services.
Avon & Somerset Horsewatch is pleased to announce the following tack shops will be offering discount on Hi-Viz to all horsewatch members using code 999101

Blackrock Equestrian, Golden Acres Nursery Tickenham BS21 6RA
Equicraft, Station Road, Backwell BS48 3LH
Murphys Tack shop - A370 Weston Super Mare BS24 6SG

BE SAFE BE SEEN
TheWickedOne666

Post by TheWickedOne666 »

I'm buying some as a driver its very clear to me how important hi viz is, it gives a few crucial extra seconds to react, very important even in the spring/summer when a lot of children will be out on ponies, nice to see their leaders or accompanying adult wearing hi viz too ;)
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

Sussex Police has asked for your help. The call centre has received a lot of complaints recently regarding horse riders on rural roads and lanes not wearing Hi Viz putting not only their horse in danger but also themselves but also motorists, they have asked me to remind you that many of these are 60 MPH. I know many riders contact me about the speed of vehicles on our roads, but let me assure you that wearing Hi Viz does slow traffic down.