Hello Everyone

PLEASE NOTE - IF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS DOES NOT WORK, YOU WON'T GET THE LINK TO CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT

Tackroom Gossip (TG) is BACK !!

If you need somewhere to advertise your business, online shop, animals for sale, referral links to websites, it's here. You can post here for free, no charge. Times are hard enough for all of us and if me offering this to you can help you, yippee!

If you need somewhere to vent and let off steam about anything horsey, or non-horsey, please feel free to and know that even if we can't actually help, we will try to understand and be there virtually for you.
It's important to Keep Talking, to anyone, just keep that communication going.

This "cost of living crisis" is getting to all of us, the media are constantly going on about prices rising, bills rising, jobs lost etc. It's all doom and gloom.
Spot a good deal somewhere ? Please share it with us.
Found a yummy recipe online that doesn't cost the earth to make ? We'll try it.

Any problems logging in, please reply to this email and I'll get you sorted out.

Thank you
Trish (admin for Tracing Equines and Tackroom Gossip)
www.tracingequines.co.uk

Horse for loan: should I do it?

Chat about anything and everything to do with horses and the equestrian world.
Forum rules
Chat about anything and everything to do with horses, news, views, your special horse moments, latest antics of naughty ponies, saying hello to everyone, remembering old times, people you used to work with, friends from old yards etc
edgyb123

Horse for loan: should I do it?

Post by edgyb123 »

A great horse that I ride at my local stables is up for loan. Anyone have any tips on whether I know if im ready to loan a horse?
Thanks
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Re: Horse for loan: should I do it?

Post by TracingEquines »

I thinking loaning the horse at the stables could be a good idea as you already know him/her and you have the backup from the stables for any questions about the care or health of the horse.
Plus the horse will be used to the school and hacking in the area ( ? ) and there should be people there to ride out with

Two things to think about ... Time ... Money

Time - if you already spend most of your time at the stables then time shouldn't be a problem. If you can't get up for any reason, the stables should be able to help you out (give them enough warning though, so they can arrange whatever needs doing)

Money - If the stables want a financial contribution each week/month, can you afford it ? I don't know if the stables does this but it would be a good idea to make sure you know what you will be expected to pay for with regards to shoeing, dentist, feed requirements, hay, bedding etc.
TheWickedOne666

Re: Horse for loan: should I do it?

Post by TheWickedOne666 »

^That is fab advice.. I can't really add to it, except, make sure you both have contracts detailing what is expected, and keep yourself a number of copies in case they get lost or damaged, it may be worth looking at getting some insurance as well especially if you're expected to cover full costs of, say, veterinary treatment, and third party insurance (become a bhs gold member, third party through them is cheap) - i hate to sound like a killjoy but being on a lot of groups i've seen it all, and you need to make sure every eventuality possible is covered.

That aside, good luck and if you go for it, enjoy it! :)