Hello Everyone

PLEASE NOTE - IF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS DOES NOT WORK, YOU WON'T GET THE LINK TO CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT

Tackroom Gossip (TG) is BACK !!

If you need somewhere to advertise your business, online shop, animals for sale, referral links to websites, it's here. You can post here for free, no charge. Times are hard enough for all of us and if me offering this to you can help you, yippee!

If you need somewhere to vent and let off steam about anything horsey, or non-horsey, please feel free to and know that even if we can't actually help, we will try to understand and be there virtually for you.
It's important to Keep Talking, to anyone, just keep that communication going.

This "cost of living crisis" is getting to all of us, the media are constantly going on about prices rising, bills rising, jobs lost etc. It's all doom and gloom.
Spot a good deal somewhere ? Please share it with us.
Found a yummy recipe online that doesn't cost the earth to make ? We'll try it.

Any problems logging in, please reply to this email and I'll get you sorted out.

Thank you
Trish (admin for Tracing Equines and Tackroom Gossip)
www.tracingequines.co.uk

Scam alert - Horse/Stock Trailers & Vehicles

Chat about anything and everything to do with horses and the equestrian world.
Forum rules
Chat about anything and everything to do with horses, news, views, your special horse moments, latest antics of naughty ponies, saying hello to everyone, remembering old times, people you used to work with, friends from old yards etc
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Scam alert - Horse/Stock Trailers & Vehicles

Post by TracingEquines »

Dear Reader,

The below is forwarded for your attention. Please forward to those you feel may benefit from receiving such information.

Please read the below information which has been received from NFED. This web site covers the New Forest, Hampshire and is home to Hampshire Horsewatch web site - http://www.nfed.co.uk/hampshirehorsewatch

Message received from the web site manager. It concerns scams over the sale of horse trailers.

Message follows
:-

I had three of these scam ads submitted to the NFED yesterday, so they will be posting them elsewhere, so maybe worth putting out a warning.

All the trailers are near new, descriptions & photos are probably copied from genuine adverts.
The advertiser details & addresses are copied from various dealers in the London area that advertise online.
The Email address changed on each advert, but the password was the same.
They even paid for one advert using Paypal. Probably a hacked account but the payment came from Mexico.
The scam part. Anyone replying to the advert gets this or similar reply...
With all the moving and setting everything up, we can only deal through eBay, as we are high feedback eBay user. You can check with eBay the registration serial number, as soon as invoice is sent. I propose to close the deal trough eBay, since they are the biggest and the most trustworthy online market place. Basically, it's similar to buying locally and also there is a great 14 days return policy. You will receive first the horse trailer and you have 14 days available to check and to decide if you keep it or not. For payment we will use eBay bank account. eBay will contact you with the Payment Invoice. eBay will contact us (seller and buyer) with payment and delivery instruction. They have also a Live Chat service within invoice, in case you need help with the transaction. You will have to pay eBay into their bank account. The money must be sent to eBay bank account, and eBay will hold the money until you receive the horse trailer. After eBay informs me that they have secured your payment into their bank account, I'll deliver the horse trailer to your address. After you will test it, inspect it (check serial number, etc) for 14 days and contact eBay to confirm you want to keep it, you need to confirm to eBay they can forward the money to my account. If you won't like or if it is not as advertised, which I can assure you it won't be the case because the horse trailer is in perfect condition, you can contact eBay and confirm you want it sent back, so the horse trailer will be returned to me at my expense and you get full refund from eBay.

To register the deal at eBay I need from you these info: eBay user ID, full name, address, city, zip code, your phone number, email address registered with eBay. As soon you give me these details I will register the deal and eBay will send us the invoice. I need to know also a specific time during the day when you are able to receive the horse trailer, as I can arrange have it delivered at that time, in case you need help.

Waiting your reply.
Thank you
The web manager has followed up his earlier message with the following warning and information

This is a good one.

A scammer is still using the same password for all adverts & email accounts, which allows me to log in to his Email & see where he has been posting ads! Action Fraud have been given all the details including the password, Crime Ref - NFRC140100513680

I’ve posted the following on the Crime forum at http://www.nfed.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2011 but we certainly need to get the message out there.

This is the most prolific scammer that I have come across to date. He/she is posting multiple adverts on all equestrian & selling websites including Horsequest, Gumtree, Preloved, Ebay & many smaller sites.

Using many Email addresses & constantly registering new addresses. They are using proxy servers to give a false IP address which has so far shown them to be in the UK, US & Romania!

I am on to them & have rejected 5 new trailer adverts this morning, but he is getting adverts posted on many other sites including those listed above as they are not checked manually.

If you are looking for a trailer & answer an advert on any webssite or Facebook group, please take care & walk away as soon as something seem suspicious, or they mention Ebay payments/bank.

The Email addresses I have so far are.

spencerinmanchester@inbox.com
ladson90app@hotmail.com
gaynorcompany@inbox.com
thecampshop@inbox.com
tomeymotorgroup@inbox.com
glenn.monahan@aol.com
amy_roberts16@aol.com
victor.copeland@aol.com
vivian.lobdell@aol.com
jamie_sander@aol.com

This list is growing all the time.
Please share this message to warn others.

CK Art – NFED
Web: http://www.nfed.co.uk