Hello Everyone

PLEASE NOTE - IF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS DOES NOT WORK, YOU WON'T GET THE LINK TO CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT

Tackroom Gossip (TG) is BACK !!

If you need somewhere to advertise your business, online shop, animals for sale, referral links to websites, it's here. You can post here for free, no charge. Times are hard enough for all of us and if me offering this to you can help you, yippee!

If you need somewhere to vent and let off steam about anything horsey, or non-horsey, please feel free to and know that even if we can't actually help, we will try to understand and be there virtually for you.
It's important to Keep Talking, to anyone, just keep that communication going.

This "cost of living crisis" is getting to all of us, the media are constantly going on about prices rising, bills rising, jobs lost etc. It's all doom and gloom.
Spot a good deal somewhere ? Please share it with us.
Found a yummy recipe online that doesn't cost the earth to make ? We'll try it.

Any problems logging in, please reply to this email and I'll get you sorted out.

Thank you
Trish (admin for Tracing Equines and Tackroom Gossip)
www.tracingequines.co.uk

Email to send to Defra in support of NED

Chat about anything and everything to do with horses and the equestrian world.
Forum rules
Chat about anything and everything to do with horses, news, views, your special horse moments, latest antics of naughty ponies, saying hello to everyone, remembering old times, people you used to work with, friends from old yards etc
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Email to send to Defra in support of NED

Post by TracingEquines »

Suggested wording of email to send to horse.passports@DEFRA.GSI.GOV.UK in response to Defra's decision to close the National Equine Database website
Dear Jim Paice and Caroline Spelman,

I am deeply concerned regarding DEFRA’s decision to cease funding the National Equine Database. What measures does DEFRA have to uphold the law on equine passports, if there is no central database?

The decision to cease funding this scheme, while hundreds of equine’s in this country are at their most vulnerable time in decades, will only increase cases of abandonment and neglect.

The horse passport was introduced by the UK government and should therefore by administered by it or by an accredited organisation.

As a concerned citizen of this country, a horse and animal lover, I demand that DEFRA continue funding the National Equine Database.

(Add a story about how you have used NED? )

Yours faithfully
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Re: Email to send to Defra in support of NED

Post by TracingEquines »

The National Equine Database has been an absolute godsend to the horse community over the years that it has been running.
Owners have been able to check their horse’s details are correct and flag them as stolen or missing on loan when required.
I have been able to help people find out breeding history, located correct freezemark numbers, found out competition records and previous names that horses may have been known as.

Please reconsider your decision on this matter.
I have sent the above email to Defra and have added in this paragraph as my own personal comments
bdazzling

Re: Email to send to Defra in support of NED - I HAVE EMAILED

Post by bdazzling »

Jut thought I would post a copy of the email I sent in support. Sorry I copied your emails but they were so good I just fudged them together and added a bit of my own. Lets hope we can stop this happening
Dear Mr Paice and Ms Spelman,

I am deeply concerned regarding DEFRA’s decision to cease funding the National Equine Database. What measures does DEFRA have to uphold the law on equine passports, if there is no central database?

The decision to cease funding this scheme, while hundreds of equine’s in this country are at their most vulnerable time in decades, will only increase cases of abandonment and neglect.

The horse passport was introduced by the UK government and should therefore by administered by it or by an accredited organisation.

As a concerned citizen of this country, a horse and animal lover, I truly believe that DEFRA should continue funding the National Equine Database. The National Equine Database has been an absolute godsend to the horse community over the years that it has been running. Owners have been able to check their horse’s details are correct and flag them as stolen or missing on loan when required.
From a personal point of view I have been able to find out breeding history, found out competition records and previous names that horses may have been known as and generally checked up on horses before I have bought them.

I would ask you urgently to please reconsider your decision on this matter

Yours faithfully

Mrs Angela Brunt
Member & Frequent User of NED
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Re: Email to send to Defra in support of NED

Post by TracingEquines »

Whoops, Defra's email address does not work at the moment

We'll be back with alternative email details shortly!

:lol:

Try using this one instead - ahwbesecretariat@defra.gsi.gov.uk