Hello Everyone

PLEASE NOTE - IF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS DOES NOT WORK, YOU WON'T GET THE LINK TO CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT

Tackroom Gossip (TG) is BACK !!

If you need somewhere to advertise your business, online shop, animals for sale, referral links to websites, it's here. You can post here for free, no charge. Times are hard enough for all of us and if me offering this to you can help you, yippee!

If you need somewhere to vent and let off steam about anything horsey, or non-horsey, please feel free to and know that even if we can't actually help, we will try to understand and be there virtually for you.
It's important to Keep Talking, to anyone, just keep that communication going.

This "cost of living crisis" is getting to all of us, the media are constantly going on about prices rising, bills rising, jobs lost etc. It's all doom and gloom.
Spot a good deal somewhere ? Please share it with us.
Found a yummy recipe online that doesn't cost the earth to make ? We'll try it.

Any problems logging in, please reply to this email and I'll get you sorted out.

Thank you
Trish (admin for Tracing Equines and Tackroom Gossip)
www.tracingequines.co.uk

Lady, skewbald Welsh Cob mare

All adverts in this section do not have photos added.
Forum rules
28 January 2018
Please send photos for your adverts to admin@tracingequines.co.uk , don't forget to include your horse's name so the photos get added to the correct advert :)
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Lady, skewbald Welsh Cob mare

Post by TracingEquines »

29 December 2016

Hi,

This is a long emotional search and I hope you can help. We used to own a horse named Lady back in 1997 - 2002. She was a Welsh Cob and coloured White and brown. We had her stabled with a local farmer who had stables over the winter months, as my daughter was going to University we had talked about selling Lady if we could get a good home for her, as she would not be getting the attention she needed and we lived in a private development so we could not stable her close to home. We did say to the farmer if he knew of anyone who may be interested to let us know and we would talk to them before making a decision. One day my daughter Laura went to the stables to exercise Lady only to find the farmer had sold her without our knowledge or consent for £200 (he says) including the saddle and tack and that was the last we saw of her. We searched for a long long time after that but could find no trace of her as we had very little information to go on. Lady was microchipped but unfortunately we have since misplaced her number. The last address she was registered at was xxx, Cookstown, Co.Tyrone, Northern Ireland, BT80 9HQ under the name of Laura Mattingley who was the registered keeper. We have tried many many times to find her and I know Lady is an old Lady now who may no longer be with us, but this has been an emotional journey as my daughter was heartbroken as she never got to say goodbye to her beloved horse, and has never gotten over the cruel way she was taken from her. If you can help in any way we would be forever grateful. Even the smallest bit of knowledge would be something as our searches have all been futile, all the farmer ever told us was he sold her to someone in the Omagh area and didn't know their name, he has since died so we can gain nothing further from him.
Thank you for your time.

Hilary

2 January 2017

Hi Trish,

Thanks for the reply, but there seems to be a little bit of confusion as Laura is my daughter although we have different surnames now. Laura was the owner of Lady, and it was Lady who was sold while Laura was her owner. We have never been able to get any further in our quest to find Lady as we keep hitting brick walls with no information. All we know is that Lady was sold to someone in the Omagh area, I believe it was at a market or something like that. The man who sold her is now dead and he kept no records so we have no information from there also. This was all before horse passports came into play so as you can imagine it is very difficult. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to us. I know it is a long long shot but it would be nice to know and we will keep on trying.

Regards

Hilary Phillips

philsir44 AT yahoo.co.uk