Hello Everyone

PLEASE NOTE - IF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS DOES NOT WORK, YOU WON'T GET THE LINK TO CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT

Tackroom Gossip (TG) is BACK !!

If you need somewhere to advertise your business, online shop, animals for sale, referral links to websites, it's here. You can post here for free, no charge. Times are hard enough for all of us and if me offering this to you can help you, yippee!

If you need somewhere to vent and let off steam about anything horsey, or non-horsey, please feel free to and know that even if we can't actually help, we will try to understand and be there virtually for you.
It's important to Keep Talking, to anyone, just keep that communication going.

This "cost of living crisis" is getting to all of us, the media are constantly going on about prices rising, bills rising, jobs lost etc. It's all doom and gloom.
Spot a good deal somewhere ? Please share it with us.
Found a yummy recipe online that doesn't cost the earth to make ? We'll try it.

Any problems logging in, please reply to this email and I'll get you sorted out.

Thank you
Trish (admin for Tracing Equines and Tackroom Gossip)
www.tracingequines.co.uk

(shr missing 2010) Gymcrak Mystery, 15.1hh, dark bay mare

The Horsewatch Code = MARK IT, STAMP IT, CHIP IT, CODE IT - OR LOSE IT !
TracingEquines
Site Admin

(shr missing 2010) Gymcrak Mystery, 15.1hh, dark bay mare

Post by TracingEquines »

'Gymcrack Mystery'
Crime Ref: 61125102010

(photo hosted on new TE gallery)

Breed - THOROUGHBRED
Gender - Mare

Description / Comments Horse loaned to person in Doncaster and believed moved on by a third party.The loanee is concerned because the horse has been sold on but also because the person who did so may have “gilded the lily” in respect of the horse’s condition and history. Mystery may be sold on as a safe hack, and as a 12 yr old when she is 15 years old. The person making the report says that Mystery has tendency to bolt.

Colour - Dark Bay
Height - 15.1 HH
Age - 15
Stolen from - Doncaster loan horse. Not recorded as when went missing.
Date of Theft - 25-10-2010
Region - South Yorkshire Horsewatch
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Re: Gymcrak Mystery, 15.1hh, dark bay mare

Post by TracingEquines »

Equine Details - GYMCRAK MYSTERY (GB)

Date of Birth - 13-Apr-1995
Gender - Female
Colour - Brown
Height
Sire Name - Ballacashtal (CAN)
Dam Name - Little Unknown (GB)
Breed - Thoroughbred
Submitted by - Weatherbys
Studbook/Section - Thoroughbred
Birth Country - United Kingdom

User Added Equine Details - Gymcrak Mystery (GB)

This information has been supplied by the owner of this equine and has not been verified by NED or the passport Issuer

The owner has flagged this equine as Lost

Reported on 25-Oct-2010
Police Ref No. 61125102010

Passed to a woman after a recommendation from a Thornberry Animal Sanctuary worker. When I called to enquire how Mystery was getting on, she claimed to have given her to an uncle in Scotland as a companion as she had bolted with her on a road. When I asked for specific details, she became abusive and hung up on me. She then has refused any contact. I have since discovered that she had in fact advertised and been trying to sell Mystery as a safe hack, and as a 12 yr old when she is 15. Police have been notified but tell me it would be difficult to prove in court because I did not have a written agreement. However, my real concern is that she has been sold on to unsuspecting riders that may get hurt if she bolts again. Also, naturally, after spending 18mths getting her back to fitness, I am desperate to know she is ok.

Identification information

Current Height 157cm
Current Colour Brown/ Dark Bay

Detailed Description

Weatherbys regd mare. I owned Mystery for 18mths after rescuing her from the meatman. After building her back up to strength and full fitness, I hacked her out with no problems for over a year. Unfortunately we had to move yards after my other horse was tampered with and she didn't settle very well and started bolting. I sought advice from someone at an animal sanctuary and was recommended a woman in Doncaster. She claimed to have retrained ex-racehorses and gave me assurances that she would work with her and not sell her on without my knowledge. She promised that I could see her whenever I wanted to and that she would keep me updated with her progress. I have since discovered that Mystery has been sold on and I know she has been described as a safe hack and as a 12 yr old because 2 new liveries that moved onto my yard had been to view her! Basically, I just want to know she is ok and ensure the new owners, who have no doubt bought her in good faith, are fully aware of her past. I have a copy of her Wetherbys passport.

Owner Notes

Mystery was passed to a woman in Doncaster, supposedly to be reschooled as she was an ex racehorse that had started bolting once fully fit. I just want to know she is ok. I spent 18mths getting her literally from a bag of bones to a a healthy happy mare. I am desperate to know she is ok after being deceived into letting her go. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I am not seeking to claim her back from an unsuspecting and genuine buyer. She is a very nice natured mare that someone else has probably fallen in love with. I just want her new owner to know her true history and be aware of her bolting as she is very fast and dangerous.
Last edited by TracingEquines on 08 Mar 2012, 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.