Hello Everyone

PLEASE NOTE - IF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS DOES NOT WORK, YOU WON'T GET THE LINK TO CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT

Tackroom Gossip (TG) is BACK !!

If you need somewhere to advertise your business, online shop, animals for sale, referral links to websites, it's here. You can post here for free, no charge. Times are hard enough for all of us and if me offering this to you can help you, yippee!

If you need somewhere to vent and let off steam about anything horsey, or non-horsey, please feel free to and know that even if we can't actually help, we will try to understand and be there virtually for you.
It's important to Keep Talking, to anyone, just keep that communication going.

This "cost of living crisis" is getting to all of us, the media are constantly going on about prices rising, bills rising, jobs lost etc. It's all doom and gloom.
Spot a good deal somewhere ? Please share it with us.
Found a yummy recipe online that doesn't cost the earth to make ? We'll try it.

Any problems logging in, please reply to this email and I'll get you sorted out.

Thank you
Trish (admin for Tracing Equines and Tackroom Gossip)
www.tracingequines.co.uk

Tiddles (Buttercup), 14.2hh, skewbald mare. Microchip 953000005258515

All adverts in this section have photos added.
Forum rules
28 January 2018
Please send photos for your adverts to admin@tracingequines.co.uk , don't forget to include your horse's name so the photos get added to the correct advert :)
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Tiddles (Buttercup), 14.2hh, skewbald mare. Microchip 953000005258515

Post by TracingEquines »

Hallo. I bought a horse in the netherlands, she came from UK. She have this studbook number: 826042820709874

The Chip number is 953000005258515.

Maybe you can help me to find out the history of her. I don't know the last previous owner, because in the passport is not standing.

I want to know the history of her. The passportagency said in the past her name were Buttercup and the last previous Owner came from wales. But they don't give more info because data protect.

I hope you can help. Please look photos.

Anja from Germany.
Email - anjakomm AT gmx.de

(photo hosted on TE gallery)

Colour - Skewbald
Sex - Mare
Date of Birth - 5/6/2011
Estimated Adult Height - Blank - 148cm, 14.2hh
Breed / Race - Skewbald cob
Name - Tiddles

Passport Date - 30/4/2012
Vet - Oaklands Veterinary Centre, Low Lane - http://oaklandsvetcentre.co.uk/ - North Yorkshire !!
Passport - The Veteran Horse Society Ltd - http://veteran-horse-society.co.uk/
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Re: Buttercup, coloured mare

Post by TracingEquines »

Passport number = 826042820709874

826042 - The Spotted Horse & Pony Society = No longer authorised to issue or update passports. Any passports issued by this organisation remain valid.
The British Spotted Pony Society have taken over administration of these passports.
The administration of special category passports (non-spotted horses and ponies) has been taken over by Pet ID Equine.

Contact Pet ID Equine - http://www.petidequine.net - and ask them about sending a letter to the previous owners via them. I think there is a charge for this.

Microchip number = 953000005258515

953000005258515 is linked to a passport issued by Horse Passport Agency Ltd = http://www.horsepassportagency.co.uk/
Please contact 03330 124 112 for more details

It is worth contacting them to see what further information they have for you. Ask them about letters to previous owners, they may charge for this too.
Anjafromgermany

Re: Tiddles (Buttercup), 14.2hh, skewbald mare. Microchip 953000005258515

Post by Anjafromgermany »

hallo, my english is not perfect, but i try :-)
thanks for help.
today i wrote to petidequine. I hope they write back and have more information.
It is really incredible to have two birthday of her. And it is incredible to have two name´s (Tiddles, is a Cat Name!!! :-) ) and passportangency wrote piebald and in my passport i have is standing skewbald. And really, she have 3 colours. in German she ist 140 cm big and in the passport is standing 148cm when she is adult. But i thing she is adult.
It´s a very exciting story of her.
I hope someone more can help because i am in germany.
i wish a great sunny sunday at all.
Anjafromgermany

I have just forgotten to write that I have already wrote to the horsepassportagency several times and i asked them, if they can write a letter to the breeder or last previous owner, but they didn´t do that. So i hope, petidequine make this.
Anjafromgermany

I have a link to a youtube video from Buttercup/ Tiddles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD5I3Kisew8
please look.
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

I think how it works is that - you send a letter to the new owners with a self addressed and stamped envelope in it - and this gets sent to the Horse Passport Agency and then they send it to whoever is the registered owner and then its up to the owner to decide if they want to contact you or not

Sometimes it is possible for you to send an email instead of a letter but this depends on what details the passport agency or petidequine hold.
Anjafromgermany

petidequine wrote back, i send you this email:
Hi Anja

Thank you for your email. As the passport was not issued by us we do not have any information.

Regards

Debbie Elkins

Tel 0844 8911200
Fax 0844 8911221
Web www.petidequine.net
Anjafromgermany

I have 3 months ago, so quite at the beginning when I Buttercup / Tiddles had sent such a mail to the passportagency and they passed it on to the owner. However, I still have no answer. I've still been able to find someone here in Germany who is supposed to know Tiddles since foals. She said Tom Price was the breeder. I'll get this afternoon to see if it's really my horse that knows her and if he's the breeder. She wanted to try to figure out what Tiddles owned the past few years. I'm curious. As soon as I hear something, I sign up. It is already an interesting story.
And she has developed great. At first she was very frightened and could not even give the hoofs reasonable, although you could still see the holes of hoof nails in the front hooves. I think she was driven.
It was hardly possible to clean them at first. Do not stand still. Every time I came with the brush, she barely touched, she went backwards, sideways, she could not stand still. But now it all works great and she's doing well. She will be a great riding horse. We have also made some excursions, in the forest, on the side roads ... and I do a lot of groundwork with her as you can see in the video
TracingEquines
Site Admin

Post by TracingEquines »

Did you find anything out from the lady who might have known Tiddles from a foal ?

===

I emailed the Horse Passport Agency and this is what they said to me
She (Anja) has sent me a photocopy of the front page of a passport that is fake passport - it says Veteran Horse Society (but it is not) with a microchip number linked to a passport that we have issued in 2010 for a 2009 Piebald mare called Buttercup. As our horse is no longer in the UK the law requires she obtain a duplicate passport via a passport issuer in her own country. That issuer will then contact us asking us to cancel our passport and release to them the Life Number for the duplicate.
So I asked them this = If Anja gets a passport for Buttercup in her own country, will you be able to contact previous owners of Buttercup for her so that she can get some history on the mare ?

The reply back was
Hi - yes if she sent us a prepaid envelope with an open letter we can forward it on for her. Unfortunately the recorded owner doesn't have email recorded with us.
So you need to get a duplicate passport from a German PIO for your mare.
The German PIO will contact Horse Passport Agency asking for your mare's Life Number
Then you send a prepaid envelope with an open letter in it, to the Horse Passport Agency and they send this to the recorded owner that they have details for
Anjafromgermany

No. She don't find out anything about Tiddles.
Thanks for emailed passportagency.